Do MBAs make better entrepreneurs?

One of the discussion topics given to us, when I was a student:

Do MBAs make better entrepreneurs?

Your take?

Replies

• safwan
    safwan
    I feel If you dont have any knowledge of business then you have to go for it .😀. but for Some students like their parents are already in business so they get their children experience and student it self get knowledge about business so for those kind of students they dont go for MBA.

well, here qestion was do MBA make better entrepreneurs ?

being commerce student I support MBA but if you have already skills they their are no limits in business without MBA also you can become best entrepreneur. But modern study's lets student or a person to do his / her business with current trend , Yes again for already working persons they might have this skills.:sshhh:
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    MBA is not necessary for anyone to become an entrepreneur. Examples are aplenty. Many major entrepreneurs to the likes of Bil Gates, Steve Jobs, Branson, Dell etc, idnt go through a regular management education.

They learnt management as it came..

But if you think what would have happened had they studied management, things become interesting.

I couldn't decide between if their entrepreneurial skills would have been honed and if they wouldn't have become an entrepreneur at all..

So, my choice would be, MBA's need not necessarily make better entrepreneurs. But in some cases, they do, too.
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    well i dont think MBA is required for someone to become a good entrepreneur. MBA just teaches someone to use and extract resources a bit effectively and think in a wider perspective about the market. For some fields of engineering and entrepreneur is not an MBA guy but they run their companies effectively but for some companies which have public issues shares and stuff a guy who has done MBA would be prefferable to be the entrepreneur.
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    A Good Engineer can do things better than a MBA student but it has its own value.
  • blacrobous
    blacrobous
    dileep k
    A Good Engineer can do things better than a MBA student but it has its own value.
    true 😛 or else MBA would be considered useless
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    I don't think MBA's make better entrepreneurs (believe me I am one wanting to be the other 😀 )

In b-schools, you are taught some of the following things -

* A company is for profit maximization of its share holders
    * Facts and figures are paramount for making a proper decision
    * The more the clarity, the better is the function

Somehow these concepts get morphed into functional and idiotic thinking. That's why managers are "so popular" among their juniors.

I don't think entrepreneurs look at their businesses in the same light. They take decisions on the fly ... in my experience, I have seen very few MBA's who can do that.
  • safwan
    safwan
    I remember story of recession posted my I think mayur pathak or somebody else ( sorry i dont have link now ) . Where a MBA student guide his dad to reduce employees in recession but actually it was prevention .

My second point as Kiddaka said Entrepreneurs they take decisions and fly exactly they stuck to their idea and MBA student will let the thinking of person idiotic and hell be more thinking in demerits then merits.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Recently, I had to flash my laptop's BIOS. I did it on my own by following instructions on laptop manufacturer's official website. However, I'm not sure what exactly is BIOS...
how can i get answers for my questions............ how ce wiil be beneficial to me........ pls help me anyone..............
Hi, this is nataraj i wanna do an project based on transformers or on Energy meter so plz help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz😕
hi.. friends... this is priyank... I want to buy one Digi cam... My budget is around 9000-10000rs.. 😒 I have seen Sony S190... with 12mp.. I m so confuse...😕😕😕 Which...
Dear, give me proper meaning of IC-AT89S8252 that is used in automatic college bell.and give me coding source for college bell.