Do IT engineers live a dog's life?

That was the topic of an interesting coffee-room discussion I participated in! 😁

Most of the software engineers confirmed that the dogs had a better life than them! IT engineers have to bear the crap work, insane instructions from the boss, keep up with the deadlines, et al.

😁 Wondering what our CEans think.

Replies

• sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Oh definately!!! ask those who have been to onsite,how the cleint treats them!!! and more over IT being on a global scale everyone has to be on there toes and anyhow dogs do nothing just sleep and eat!!!!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    lol, I somewhat agree with you.

IT Engineers, we want to hear from horses' mouth! Comment!
  • kedarjk
    kedarjk
    I don't think so.
    IT engineers are respected in the society; Don't compare IT engineers life to dogs life. It's too bad to think of such comparison even πŸ˜”
  • Differential
    Differential
    ok.....Here is something !
    1) Dog dosn't have to obey stupid and weired orders of his boss.
    2) It's never worried about US market.
    3) It never grows his stomack fat.
    4) It doesn't have to work for 10-11 hrs a day.
    5) It doesn't work like a DOG to earn his bread butter and bear.
    6) It doesn't spend 95 % of his time with man made machines.
    7) It doesn't have to cross half of the earth just to purchase a big house, car and some more machines.

more coming.....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    8) It is least affected by the global economic recession. Period. 😁
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    lol... differential. Cool answer. You forgot important thing, Dogs don't code or test πŸ˜€
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    - Dogs have the best sensory organs, Engineers lose sensation by the time
    - Dogs frighten people, people frighten engineers
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Are your guyz Crazy.....

Saying what ever you wish to...

Even I can say that a doctor is pathetically poised then a dog... or in any industry management guyz, treat engineers like dogs... comparison can be made anywhere, it should be sensible.

In which industry lower level Guy need not to listen to manager... than whats the comparison of Dog here...
    No IT engineer spend 95% time with machine.
    Do you think all fatty persons are IT engineers.
    Even Prime minister Lal Bahadur used to work for 18 hrs a day... was he ..?

Buddy I want to maintain the decorum of the forum so not counting what a dog do and a IT person do not do.....

Request to biggi please do not open this type of thread which can hurt any body... at least not on CE forum where high possibilities are there that 30% engineers would be IT related guyz.

Thanks and Regards... No harsh feelings.
    -Crazy
  • Differential
    Differential
    No IT engineer spend 95% time with machine.
    I do !
    1) I wake up with alarm of my cellphone :-( [a machine] No luxary of purchasing a seperate table clock for alarm !
    2) I go to office on a vehicle (machine) which takes 20 mins
    3) I take a tea from tea machine.
    4) I start working on computer (I call it as my machine) ( avg. 8 hrs a day)
    5) In office I receive calls on cellphone (machine)
    6) I come back to home on a vehicle (again machine) which takes 20 mins.
    7) I switch on Television (no doubt machine), watch it for say 1 hr.
    8) take dinner and this poor soul goes to bed to start his new day again spend with machines.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I had a bad dream yesterday in which all the machines around me suddenly vanished. πŸ˜”
  • sriramchandrk
    sriramchandrk
    Looks like you were thinking about Jet airways layoff news!
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Take a chill pill crazyboy. But yeah the discussion went a bit awry. Every profession these days demands more than what a person can give. Probably we all live a Horse's or a Donkey's life.

But I'm not sure why would we be compared to a dog. Dogs, I believe, live quite a laid back leisurely life.
  • CH.SAIKIRAN
    CH.SAIKIRAN
    sauravgoswami
    Oh definately!!! ask those who have been to onsite,how the cleint treats them!!! and more over IT being on a global scale everyone has to be on there toes and anyhow dogs do nothing just sleep and eat!!!!
    yes it engg ,s had a bad time
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmmmm

can I say something???
    Whole of my office is on toes all through the day through out the week through out the month and then 11 months thorugh out the year ( 1 month christmas break)...πŸ˜€

evry single day deadlines...
    to meet deadlines strech working hours till 10 pm in evening...
    and then to meet deadlines of week.. strech your working days to 7 days a week!!

trust me...

We were intoa a project where equipment was being changed from one type to another type and a VoIP service provided..

We were the part of integration test team... and trust me... 7 months it was hell for us...

my colegues worked for 4 motnhs 7 dys a week... staying back till 1 am...
    know why...

everyone being fresher did not want to loose onsite opportunity..

evryone wanted to make their mark... and evryone struggled... no ono just complained...

πŸ˜€

Finally..

DOGS DONNOT HAVE THIS KINDA LIFE!!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Differential
    I do !
    1) I wake up with alarm of my cellphone :-( [a machine] No luxary of purchasing a seperate table clock for alarm !
    2) I go to office on a vehicle (machine) which takes 20 mins
    3) I take a tea from tea machine.
    4) I start working on computer (I call it as my machine) ( avg. 8 hrs a day)
    5) In office I receive calls on cellphone (machine)
    6) I come back to home on a vehicle (again machine) which takes 20 mins.
    7) I switch on Television (no doubt machine), watch it for say 1 hr.
    8) take dinner and this poor soul goes to bed to start his new day again spend with machines.

Buddy.. do you sleep less than 1.2 hrs a day... if not then you do not spent more than or even equal to 95%.
    Simple calculation is (5/100)*24 = 1.2 Hrs, so if you happen to sleep more than that your excuses are waste.

-Crazy😁😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    mayurpathak
    Take a chill pill crazyboy. But yeah the discussion went a bit awry. Every profession these days demands more than what a person can give. Probably we all live a Horse's or a Donkey's life.

But I'm not sure why would we be compared to a dog. Dogs, I believe, live quite a laid back leisurely life.
    Yup Sir, I didn't mean any offense.

I was just trying to say that don't use such a tone which will make your self feel guilt that we are in such a profession which is not even worth comparing us with human being.

By the way... I do agree DOG's live quite a laid back leisurely life...

Anyways thanks for keeping a check on the tones.

Take a chill pill
    -Crazy
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Relax fellas! We aren't really comparing IT engineers' life with that of a dog. Just take it lightly! You know there was an email circulating few months ago - comparing cubicles to jails and concluding that jails are much better. Anyone's got that mail? πŸ˜‰
  • Differential
    Differential
    Buddy.. do you sleep less than 1.2 hrs a day... if not then you do not spent more than or even equal to 95%.
    Simple calculation is (5/100)*24 = 1.2 Hrs, so if you happen to sleep more than that your excuses are waste.
    C'mon ! It was for fun ! πŸ˜€
    okay! apart from calculations, it has to be agreed that we spend much time on computers.
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    What rubbish.

Title for this should be "Do IT engineers live a prisoner's life?" rather than "Do IT engineers live a dog's life?"
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I wish I could live a pet cat's life. Sleep 21 hours a day.. free luxury food and shelter, and control over your "boss".

I wonder if theres any profession in real life that parallels that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread is being locked. Please refrain from bumping old threads.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

give me a best topic on electricals for my projectπŸ˜•
i am a EEE student.2nd year ......so wat are the topics on which i can do my projects......a working project ......
Dear forummers, I plan to run some experiment on Free Space Optics based on 1550nm laser wavelength. Since I don't have much information on the experimental setup and the type...
Here's something you might want to read about play station 4 - PlayStation 4 - everything you need to know | News | TechRadar UK
hi bodies , how u doin plz i wanna final project in communication based microcontroller i like wirelss but i dont where can i think i thought in gsm but...