Do files download every time we open a web page?

when we open website & it is downloaded.when we open it next time does it downloaded again........

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    And what you mean by "it" here ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    the page gets downloaded again

but if the page is not available at the point of time then the cached version is displayed for us
  • Harish Kotra
    Harish Kotra
    The first time you open a website it is downloaded completely on to your local system. If you re-open the website then the cached version which is already on your local system is displayed first until and unless there are any updates done to the website you are opening i.e., you will see the same website unless there are changes made to the website before you open it second time.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll add some correction to the wordings used above to avoid confusion. When a web site is opened, the 'web page' being loaded on the browser is downloaded. It's not the 'entire website' that gets downloaded. Most of the time, the browser will automatically catch the web page objects so that they don't have to be fetched again; these objects would usually contain the most common objects that aren't expected to change every time you visit a site. The images mostly are served from the local cache if the image on the server isn't changed.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, Can you send list of electrical business with low initial capital?
Today, NASA published a news about it's Innovative Research Grant activity that conducts engineering analysis to demonstrate the feasibility and advantages of applying a breakthrough remote sensor calibration concept to...
Some days back, I saw a friend of mine hitting the CPU with his legs because the PC had hanged due to some errors. There are always some crazy people...
topic= signal, noise and frequency bands also dsb and ssb techniques
hi....i m 4th year b.s.c engineering student.i want some project ideas on automation project..........its urgent