Do amplifiers work with AC signals?

i just have one basic question about amplifiers. do they work for A.C signals as well.

now supposing an A.C current has to be amplified leaving the voltage unchanged, then what should be the power input to the amplifier ?

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey my friend AC signal can be amplified by the amplifier using an external DC source

You can amplify the current of a signal maintaining the voltage using either emitter follower or source follower

Do post the current rating you need and your input we can help you more in identifying the solution
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    now supposing an A.C current has to be amplified leaving the voltage unchanged, then what should be the power input to the amplifier ?
    That is what an audio amp does.
    High Current Amplifiers
  • pratap singh, upendra
    pratap singh, upendra
    yes an amplifier definitely works with an ac signal.

now coming back to whether it can amplify a current or not, let me tell you that there exists a class of amplifiers termed as current controlled current source. This means that if the amplifiers are pictured as a two port network(one input port and one output port) then such an amplifier takes current signal and produces its amplified version in the same dimensional domain(i.e the output is still a current).

remember biasing of the amplifiers is done to merely make it "an active device". without biasing an amplifier remains only a piece of semiconductor with some electrical connections. It is the biasing that paves the way for transistor action to take place within it. The biasing does not govern the signals an amplifier can amplify, it however governs the way in which the amplifier will amplify the signal.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey guys does anyone here know what type of motors are used in sewing machines and the maximum torque that they deliver.(just an approximate value). Besides this does anyone know...
Came in the mail: An Obituary printed in the London Times - Interesting and sadly rather true Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense,who has...
hello friends, recently I was going through the qualifications that are required for a post that was recruiting aeronautical(electronics) engineers(as written in their bulletin). When I got into the details...
hi, when we take out any simcard we find the brand logo on it(like airtel etc). below that we often see 64k written somewhere at the bottom. What does this...
i like to do a mini project with piezo electric crystals for project exhibition. Could anyone suggest me a gud topic?