Distinguished Engineers of your engineering discipline

Alright.

I just came to know that Mr. Narayana Murthy, founder of Infosys is an Electrical Engineer.

๐Ÿ˜

*is proud to be a crazy electrical engineer*

๐Ÿ˜

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Not just Distinguished, they changed the world ๐Ÿ˜€

A lot!
    Steve Wozniak (the craziest)
    Von Neumann
    Steve Jobs
    Bill Gates
    Paul Allen
    Alan Turing
    Bjarne Stroustrup
    Dennis Richie
    Linus Torvalds
    Claude Shannon
    Sergey Brin
    Larry Page
    ..to be continued
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    MaRo
    Not just Distinguished, they changed the world ๐Ÿ˜€

A lot!
    Steve Wozniak (the craziest)
    He's got EECS (Electrical Engineering & Computer Science) degree ๐Ÿ˜

๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    In terms of communications, some fellas who stood out:
    Alexander Graham Bell
    Nikola Tesla
    Marconi
    Major E. Armstrong
    Martin Cooper

Of course, communications wouldnt have gone far without the help of computers, information & coding theory and electronics ๐Ÿ˜‰ MaRo had some of the stalwarts in those fields already.
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    All our respect to the great two that have a touch in everything around us & everything we learn today::

Thomas Edison
    Albert Einstein
  • yudi
    yudi
    Our X prez
    Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
    the Missile Man
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    yudi
    Our X prez
    Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam
    the Missile Man
    He's an Aeronautical Engineer ๐Ÿ˜.

Yudi - but he does not belong to your engineering discipline ๐Ÿ˜ . Come on, where are the Aeronautical Engineers?
  • yudi
    yudi
    ok accepted.

Andreas Bechtolsheim
    Bill Joy
    Scott Mc Nealy
    Vinod Khosla of SUN(StanfordUniversity Network) MicroSystems.
    Founded by four Stanford University buddies.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Ash, My vote has always been for Tesla as far as the past century goes. We owe so many things to him (alternating current, induction motors, flourescent bulbs, radio transmission, etc.) & he is almost forgotten. Why he even helped two of the others on your list. Leonard Theramin also goes on my list.

ash
    In terms of communications, some fellas who stood out:
    Alexander Graham Bell
    Nikola Tesla
    Marconi
    Major E. Armstrong
    Martin Cooper

Of course, communications wouldnt have gone far without the help of computers, information & coding theory and electronics ๐Ÿ˜‰ MaRo had some of the stalwarts in those fields already.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, For those who need a serious motivation in their lives; go read the book by Donald Trump: Think Big & Kick Ass! I recommend the book to everyone!
CEans, I know - there is an entrepreneur in each one of us. The world is full of wannabe entrepreneurs. The engineers have been the greatest entrepreneurs: Mr. Edison, to...
CE breaks its own record! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ 1000 new members in just 14 days ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Welcome our 14,000[sup]th[/sup] CEan - bhuvi11 ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Rock on, CEans!
Hey there! I haven't yet seen the movie since I was busy restructuring the forums and sipping coffee . But those of you who have seen the movie, please post...
hi guys nd gals i'am a final year electrical engg student,i want to do a project on energy efficiency for example make a building/lab energy efficient i know it's gonna...