distance between two towers of different service providers

Can any one give me authentic and sure shot information on the minimum distance between towers of two different service providers.
Is there any such criteria

Replies

• c00lesh
    c00lesh
    The distance between two towers of different service provider is rougly around 200m-300m.
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    c00lesh
    The distance between two towers of different service provider is rougly around 200m-300m.
    I think it mainly depends on the range that each tower provides around itself. Telecom engineers may want to add details to this discussion !!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    At some places where constructing a tower is too expensive like in the city centre, one service provider can actually "rent" an existing tower from a competitor. This saves costs overall. Basically both share one tower ๐Ÿ˜€

As for two different towers, Im not sure yet. I dont think it matters.. theoretically, an overlapping of towers (hence cell zones) should provide better coverage, just that different service providers would use different code accesses. hmm..
  • ambuja 28
    ambuja 28
    i think the gap is minimum.beacause for the tower of one network signal is encrypted so the signal of other tower can`t overlap with each other

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can anyone tell me what exactly is a test automation framework? What does it do? ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
Cellular phone giant Nokia recently announced a major problem with BL-5C batteries. Can anyone here explain ( of course, with technical details ) what went wrong with the batteries?
Hey CE's, recently i found a huge resource of latest computer seminar topics.I think its worth recommending...See for urself https://www.edufive.com/seminartopics/Computer.html Choondu
hello all i would liketo be a member of ur team but in fact i'm just computer engineering student and i want 2 improve my eng. knowledge so i need...
CEans, We are about to complete 2 years of existence on the Internet (on 26th November 2007) & I think its high time we reorganize our beloved CE forum ๐Ÿ˜...