Discussion Thread For Engineering For Change Contest Proposals: Document Authentication with Datafly

Looks like many of you have questions/curiosity/valid concerns and suggestions about my entry in Engineering for Change contest in this Post:
#-Link-Snipped-#

I will try to answer the queries here. So kind request to everyone having queries regarding the project is to shoot your questions here.

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    #-Link-Snipped-# :
    Aadit Kapoor
    But one drawback is that customers are always in a hurry, and they everything to be fast.

I just found the whole process long.
    Have you got your Passport?
    Have you appeared for PhD entrance exam or Gate?

We are not talking about a document authentication process of Mobile SIM connection customers only, we are talking about a centralized authentication system.

So once you get your documents and yourself being authenticated the core result remains in cloud and for access for all purposes. So it is a one time authentication that remains till you do not change your address etc.
  • Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Manish Goyal
    #-Link-Snipped-# nice idea sir, not sure if this is the right place to put comment, but you have just mentioned way to authenticate person photograph but what about content? I mean i can upload Fake document paper no?
    Firstly "Sir" is really not essential 😀

"What about the content?"
    A very valid point.

Now look at the design closely. The system first detects the text part and recognizes the text part using OCR technique. Then it takes the help of your GPS system to match the address. So if you give your home address as say ABC, and you trigger the authentication from home, you GPS must return the latitude and longitude of location ABC. Using Google's reverse Geo Location ( i.e. Location to Civic Address we can map latitude and longitude to address). Now civic address obtained by GPS query and ABC detected by the OCR is matched. Watch the video for text extraction demo.

I would be free to discuss other issues if you have one.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am trying to find out the sentiment score for a .csv file which is already existing in my system. I surfed in the internet and all I could...
This - ...and all I wanted to tell you is that the next Terminator Movie is coming soon and our favourite Arnie "will be back" to kill all the machines...
One of the biggest fears of a petrol head or a gear head is that when the world finally runs out of petrol, his or her favourite supercar will go...
A team of biomedical engineers from Washington University in St. Louis has invented a two-dimensional camera by using Compressed Ultrafast Photography (CUP) technology developed at School of Engineering & Applied...
Quote: Medical errors are the third leading cause of death in the United States, killing more people than everything but cancer and heart disease. The reasons behind those errors include...