DigitalOcean Bangalore Region "BLR1" Launched

DigitalOcean has announced the launch and availability of their Bangalore based region, called BLR1. The region is available immediately to all the customers for deployment of their SSD droplets (aka virtual servers). The pricing of the droplets starts at regular $5/month - which is quite cheap if you're looking to rent your own digital space in the cloud. Many of DigitalOcean's subscribers were requesting India based datacenter for the last two years.

DigitalOcean informed through a #-Link-Snipped-# that the company aims to empower developer and software companies to create amazing things by offering robust and affordable infrastructure. By choosing Bangalore as their datacenter location, DigitalOcean will aim to target the startups in the south-Asian region.

DigitalOcean-Bangalore-Datacenter-Region-BLR1

Bangalore already is one of the top cities in India with growing startup ecosystems. The company believes that with over 4000 startup companies registered just within the last few months, the community of software developers is likely to grow over 5 million in the next two years.

We're sure lot of our fellow engineers would be interested in giving a try to the Bangalore Region to deploy their new servers. Do share your views and feedback with us below.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I personally have been using DigitalOcean for close to 2 years now. Their servers are fast and really cheap. Most of the test servers I use are in the Singapore region; and I'm curious to know how much of speed boost the new Bangalore region offers.

Can someone do a quick real-life testing with the new BLR1 and share your findings with us? It will help a lot of people.
  • Ashish Nanda
    Ashish Nanda
    I have been hosting on DigitalOcean for the past 2 years as well ... and i prefer the New York server as it offers the option to re-size the droplet without having to re-install everything or take a snapshot and re-initiating it on a bigger droplet ...

I will try out the Bangalore one for a new test website i have been preparing and share the results... 😀
  • Big_B
    Big_B
    I just Ran into problem with the BLR1, The download speed while apt-get, installing docker images etc... in terminal is too low compared to other region i tried. sometimes i get about as low as 18KB/s and seen 3-5 MB/s Max [I blame Indian Internet services]. Personally i like the Singapore region.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The next generation of computers especially the portable ones are in a mad rush to shed the weight and become thinner than ever. This has forced the PC manufacturers to...
Communication with plants could be a new reality with Project Florence initiated by Microsoft. Helene Steiner while still working at Microsoft research envisioned to bring together nature and technology and...
Clipping of Express Publications - The New Indian Express-Bengaluru How it was done: World’s longest rail tunnel opens in Switzerland
Slow to fast: A four wheel journey through automobile history. Distance versus time: the land speed record through history
Arise, Awake, Stop not till the goal is reached! Hindutva is spreading, Nation beware. The US of A has released a stamp showing Narasimha. Fight this menace till your last...