Differential mode and Common mode amplifier

In these modes what is the prime difference I found this

In differential mode the difference in the signal is amplified and in common mode the common pulse is amplified

Is it so do correct me in this

Replies

• sowmiya vd
    sowmiya vd
    I think,
    In common mode emitter is varied and there is negative feedback gain minimum. in differential mode emitter in constant collector varied so there is no negative feedback gain is maximum
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    But you are yet to tell how the negative feedback is coming in the differential mode
  • sowmiya vd
    sowmiya vd
    At common mode (the two input voltages change in the same directions), the two voltage (emitter) followers cooperate with each other working together on the common high-resistive emitter load (the "long tail"). They all together increase or decrease the voltage of the common emitter point (figuratively speaking, they together "pull up" or "loose" it so that it moves). In addition, the dynamic load "helps" them by changing its instant ohmic resistance in the same direction as the input voltages (it increases when the voltage increases and vice versa.) thus keeping up constant total resistance between the two supply rails. There is a full (100%) negative feedback; the two input base voltages and the emitter voltage change simultaneously while the collector currents and the total current do not change. As a result, the output collector voltages do not change as well
  • sowmiya vd
    sowmiya vd
    At common mode (the two input voltages change in the same directions), the two voltage (emitter) followers cooperate with each other working together on the common high-resistive emitter load (the "long tail"). They all together increase or decrease the voltage of the common emitter point (figuratively speaking, they together "pull up" or "loose" it so that it moves). In addition, the dynamic load "helps" them by changing its instant ohmic resistance in the same direction as the input voltages (it increases when the voltage increases and vice versa.) thus keeping up constant total resistance between the two supply rails. There is a full (100%) negative feedback; the two input base voltages and the emitter voltage change simultaneously while the collector currents and the total current do not change. As a result, the output collector voltages do not change as well
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Why doubling the same post yer Hello
  • sowmiya vd
    sowmiya vd
    sorry!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, I wish to know what is an analog IC. So far I've only heard and read about the digital ICs. Is there any difference between the two?
I was challenged by a post made by the big k(the admin) a few minutes ago.A lot of inventions have been made but so far,,most of the invented gadgets and...
Quote: Join key manufacturers and industry professionals from around the globe at GlobalSpec's Solar Energy event. Explore the latest developments in photovoltaic and solar thermal systems; learn of developments in...
how we can transmit DC voltage to transmission lines...........( in case of AC we can step up the voltage usin a step up transformer).....wat is the way to step up...
can memristor could be used as a fourth fundamental element?