Differences between UP and RUP?

I searched across the internet and among the books I own, but I can't figure out the difference between UP and RUP, apart from the fact that RUP is IBM property.

Replies

• sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    RUP stands for Rational Unified Process

It involves a step wise analysis of the project by using UML that is Unified Modelling Language

IBM has specified the diagrams to be considered for complete analysis and having a clear view of the system

The diagrams include

1) Use case diaggram

2) Activity Diagram

3) Class Diagram

4) Sequence Diagram

5) Collaboration Diagram

6) Interaction Diagram

7) Architecture Diagram

Please correct if I am wrong
  • gurghet
    gurghet
    but what about the differences with UP?
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    gurghet
    but what about the differences with UP?
    The difference between RUP and UP is nothing but the name.

Unified Process
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The name Unified Process as opposed to Rational Unified Process is generally used to describe the generic process, including those elements which are common to most refinements. The Unified Process name is also used to avoid potential issues of copyright infringement since Rational Unified Process and RUP are trademarks of IBM. The first book to describe the process was titled The Unified Software Development Process (ISBN 0-201-57169-2) and published in 1999 by Ivar Jacobson, Grady Booch and James Rumbaugh. Since then various authors unaffiliated with Rational Software have published books and articles using the name Unified Process, whereas authors affiliated with Rational Software have favored the name Rational Unified Process.
  • gurghet
    gurghet
    Thanks 😁DDD

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everybody, I'm Lee (obviously XD) I'm a mechatronic engineer first semester student from Mexico. I joined CrazyEngineers because when I come in the world of engineering I was really...
King Khan joins people to stand in solidarity with the nation against the terrorism There is no religion of terrorism: King Khan [youtube]
hey....biggie I saw a title named area 51 under chillax:chit-chat sub forum and surprisingly for the first i was denied access to sometihng in CE.Can you please explain me about...
The CAT 2009 disaster continues and now, Prometric, the firm responsible for conducting the common admission test for over 250,000 students is blaming virus for the disaster. TOI reports that...
CAT 2009, so far, has been a disaster. With hardware failures, closed centers and students having to restart computers; students haven't had a good experience so far. Read more news...