Difference b/w plasma and LCD

Please tell me the difference between plasma and lcd tv. It will be helpful if someone provides me the full detail.

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Plasmas have a long ways to go before perfected. I'd go with a LCD
  • samarjeetsaigal
    samarjeetsaigal
    gohm
    Plasmas have a long ways to go before perfected. I'd go with a LCD
    @gohm: please tell me what is the difference between them
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've had a discussion on this topic regarding the life of the two. Samarjeet - could you search the forums for this topic? If you don't find what you're looking for, we'll carry on the discussion here.
  • lonetcrystal
    lonetcrystal
    A plasma display panel is a type of flat panel display commonly used for large TV displays. Plasma tv displays are bright have a wide color gamut, and can be produced in fairly large sizes, up to 381 cm diagonally. They have a very low-luminance "dark-room" black level compared to the lighter grey of the unilluminated parts of an LCD screen. Power consumption varies greatly with picture content, with bright scenes drawing significantly more power than darker ones. Nominal power rating is typically 400 watts . A flat panel TV that uses LCD technology or a rear-projection TV that is based on LCD microdisplay panels.
    ----------------
    Lonet

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Give views on the most versatile material used in production these days.. Kindly adhere to the following format: Which material do you think can be shaped up into max products....
You can thank Gravity for keeping you "grounded" or curse it for being "overweight" 😉 Comment on the pros and Cons of Gravitation..
Do you think students are right in changing their fields at the time of campus recruitments? I mean alot of engineers, apart from IT and Computers, switch over to IT...
Hoping someone here might be able to help.... Not sure if any of you have seen this product (Loc8tor https://www.loc8tor.co.uk/) but I have one that I brought to keep track...
Heres the thing. I want to make a homemade speaker cabinet. My plan it to put 2, 10" vintage speakers, 2, 12" bass speakers. My plans for the dimensions were...