• Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Yes
    That is what happens when two seals fight over a grape
    Please come back when you feel like asking a question
    Peace
  • mohsinkhan987
    mohsinkhan987
    if u dont knw the answer...then please dont reply..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @Mohsin: Voltaire was saying that this is not a proper question!

For the differences you can google it , correct?
    Please do some research and post questions appropriately.
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    If you don't know the question then don't ask
  • mohsinkhan987
    mohsinkhan987
    sorry for ma misunderstanding dear!!
    i m asking about the major difference b/w orifice plate and elbow taps when these are used for flow control
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    I think you mean: what is the difference between elbow and radius taps on a flow orifice?
  • mohsinkhan987
    mohsinkhan987
    may be ur right...tell me the answer what understand of ma question..may be i wasnt able to make u understand
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    There are 4 types:
    1. Flange taps - the pressure taps are directly on the flange in which the orifice sits
    2. Pipe taps - 2½ pipe diameters upstream (u/s) and 8 diameters downstream (d/s)
    3. Vena concentra taps - one pipe diameter u/s and at the vena concentra d/s (ca. 0.3 to 0.8 pipe diameters)
    4. Corner taps - used in small diameter (usually < 2") pipes. Immediately adjacent to face plates

You should design for β of around 0.7 where the permanent pressure loss is typically about 0.6%. There is a square root relationship between dP and Q. Make sure the Reynolds number in the orifice never comes below 20,000. For incompressible fluids the discharge coefficient (C[sub]d[/sub]) can be taken as 0.61

Basic calculations according to Perry's:
    Q=C[sub]d[/sub]A[sub]0[/sub]√[(2xΔP/ρ)/(1-β[sup]2[/sup])]
    Where
    Q in m[sup]3[/sup]/s
    C[sub]d[/sub] in m
    A[sub]0[/sub] the orifice diameter in m[sup]2[/sup]
    P in Pa
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Correction C[sub]d[/sub] is the dimensionless coefficient
  • mohsinkhan987
    mohsinkhan987
    ok thanx alot dear..😀
  • Voltaire
    Voltaire
    Hahahaha
    You're welcome dear 😉

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I received following screen on Google: Had anyone of you faced this problem anytime in past? Google Sorry... We're sorry... ... but it appears your computer is sending automated requests....
CWG 2010 to create 24.7 lakh jobs in India .. New Delhi, Oct 5: The organising committee of Commonwealth Games 2010 hoped that the revenue of the Delhi games would...
Despite poor image publicised at the Commonweallth Games, India is one the fastest growing economy and "much-derided democracy" that will soon outpace China. The surprising India's economy is largely based...
Hi i have seen a few project titles which make use of sensors like capacitance based eye blink sensor, capacitance based breath detec sensor but i could find help for...
Skype has released the app from Verizon's shackles and made it available for everyone using Android 2.1. Following video explains the app in depth - [video=youtube;nYVYJJES1_w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYVYJJES1_w[/video]