Difference b/w microcontroller and computer

tell me what is difference b/w microcontroller and computer??????????

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Computer is made-up of Processor which requires I/O Peripherals that are externally connected, making it bulky & complex design.
    While, Microcontroller has all I/O peripherals embedded inside a single chip. Due to this, Microcontroller is also called mini-computer.
    However, Microcontroller cannot match the clock-speed of Computer(Hence less processing speed), which is obvious because you can simply add external I/O peripherals like RAM,ROM to microprocessor but you cannot do so in microcontroller. In microcontroller the RAM & ROM size is fixed & after IC being manufactured you cannot change it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Building an earthquake proof Bay Bridge is a 42000 hour grueling stint condensed to a 4 minute sprint by time lapse here: https://gizmodo.com/it-takes-a-ludicrous-amount-of-work-to-build-a-good-bri-1232946406
Basically if we forget the bios password we pull out the cmos battery reset the jumper settings. But in case of laptop why do we need to replace or get...
Hello, I am in a little doubt, actually I read somewhere, that when the data packets are transferred with the server and your computer, then actually the ADSL and Ethernet...
BMW has revealed its futuristic Concept car named X5 eDRIVE before the Frankfurt Autoshow.BMW has not clearly explained the possibility of the concept to become real but we can get...
Kia- Dare to ride this futuristic Niro compact crossover: I was amused to see the name”Kia”while I was surfing over the auto news and the news didn’t disappoint me instead...