Difference between Woofer and Sub-Woofer

Guys, Whats the difference between a 'SubWoofer' and a 'Woofer' ? -

Question by : YourTechMate.blogspot.com

Replies

• ira012
    ira012
    Woofer is the term commonly used for a loudspeaker driver designed to produce low frequency sounds typically from around 40 hertz up to about a kilohertz whereas a subwoofer is a woofer a complete loudspeaker dedicated to the reproduction of bass audio frequencies from perhaps 50 hz as far as 20 Hz or in rare cases lower😉

ira012
    Woofer is the term commonly used for a loudspeaker driver designed to produce low frequency sounds typically from around 40 hertz up to about a kilohertz whereas a subwoofer is a woofer a complete loudspeaker dedicated to the reproduction of bass audio frequencies from perhaps 50 hz as far as 20 Hz or in rare cases lower😉

subwoofers are stereo bass producing speakers that takes 2 positive inputs and a negative input...dual coil.. there frequence range is lower then to normal woofer, also, subwoofer are specified,not to produce anysound above there limitations, so u cannt usually listen voices or any type of music from them.

woofer are ist of all mono.. 1 positive & negative input... single coil... can produce frequency out of there limited range....

i have had a long relation with audio systems since i was in 10 standerd,
    i have made alot of speaker myself.... buying the skeleton and putting on the coils,daiphrame,spiders etc in them , adjusting the frequency level by coil position....
  • YourTechMate
    YourTechMate
    Hey, Although I am a software engineer by job, but got craze for Audio systems and Automobiles. [Automobiles here is out the topic ; ))] could you please provide me any link of yours where there is a step by step guide to create a subwoofer at home , kinda DIY subwoofer project with crisp and clear step by step guidelines ??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There are many possible speaker box designs available like Bass Reflex System, Infinite Baffle, Passive Radiator, Band Pass and Dipole speakers system. I am aiming to obtain maximum Bass output...
hello all you out there , i am looking for people who have a knowledge in electronics and would really like to help me out. i am doing mechanical engineering...
CEans, I want to know what you all think about adding social networking features on CrazyEngineers. Following are the social networking features:- 1. Ability to authorize friends. 2. Ability to...
Friends, Could you please post the best FireFox 3 themes you know? Let's build a collection of best themes available for Firefox ;-) My favorite are : The Google Chrome...
CEans, We will celebrate the month of November as The CE Month 😁 and 26[sup]th[/sup] as CrazyEngineers day 😉 (CE's foundation day!) . We have been thinking of conducting an...