Difference between Venturi meter and Nozzle

Dear friends

What's the difference between venturi meter and Nozzle? Both are have convergent,Divergent and throat portions.Shall we use venturi meter as a Nozzle?Kindly clarify.😕

Replies

• viswan.chandran
    viswan.chandran
    no we cant use venturi meter as an nozzel because ...................venturi meter is used to measure the flow rate ....but nozzel is used to increase the flow velocity at the outlet
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Hi Suresh, a nozzle is a nozzle. We use a jet of fluid and direct nozzle to rotate turbine blades.

A venturimeter is a flow rate measuring device. We apply Bernoulli's equation there. 😀
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    ishutopre
    Hi Suresh, a nozzle is a nozzle. We use a jet of fluid and direct nozzle to rotate turbine blades.

A venturimeter is a flow rate measuring device. We apply Bernoulli's equation there. 😀
    So in your view we can not apply Bernoulli's equation in nozzle.!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I never said that. Well in laboratory practicals I haven't applied it. Bernoulli's equation is used for various applications mostly in SFEE equations.
    I have seen nozzles to be used only in turbines. Sorry for any wrong information I might have conveyed.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ishutopre
    I never said that. Well in laboratory practicals I haven't applied it. Bernoulli's equation is used for various applications mostly in SFEE equations.
    I have seen nozzles to be used only in turbines. Sorry for any wrong information I might have conveyed.
    Nothing wrong in the info conveyed.
    Bernoulli's theorem can be applied to any fluid flow continuum. Though its practical applications are mostly in flow measurements such as those using venturi meters. Nozzles are used mainly as hardware used to modify delivery of fluids open air or large tanks. They may be designed to deliver a straight jet, a diverging jet, hollow cone, fish tail or other shapes. Bernoulli's theorem may even be used during the design stage for nozzles. Turbine nozzles do require special design to ensure maximum efficiency.
  • Lakkireddy Jaipal
    Lakkireddy Jaipal

Venturi meter is a flow measuring device used to measure the flow rate of fluids. In Venturi meter the machine number is less, mostly less than 1. Where as in CD nozzles are used in turbines and rockets. In order to drive these More velocity is required. So, the mach number varies from Sonic to super sonic. So, the nozzles are completely used to achieve the high velocities. If we consider the operating temperature both are different and material used also changes.

Hope you understood...

• Ramesh RR
    Ramesh RR

Venturi Meters are Measurement Devices. Their primary objective is to measure flow volumes by measuring Pressure Differences in a specially defined profile.

Nozzles are devices designed for the most efficient conversion of fluid Pressures to fluid Flow.

The two are not interchangeable.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys.. I'm a final year student and i have been elected as the president😔.. The problem is that I'm supposed to report to my professors about the workshops and...
​ Denial of service (DoS) -- particularly Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) -- attacks have hit many enterprises recently, from Sony to Bank of America. For years, most companies wrote...
IObit Malware Fighter is an advanced malware & spyware removal utility that detects, removes the deepest infections, and protects your PC from various potential spyware, adware, trojans, keyloggers, bots, worms,...
Hai everyone... I have to final year project in Communications but i dnt know how to narrow down... How to select a topic in Communications to do project and how...
As per the news from my friend who is working in accenture .accenture is conducting the offcampus drive from 2011 passout batch and the criteria is the BE/Btech MCA 60...