Difference between robotics and automation

wat is the main difference b/w robotics and automation ??????

Replies

• naveee
    naveee
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Robotics involve automation and automation is like doing a thing with lesser human intervention try WIKIPEDIA and google they will spit more quantums to you
  • naveee
    naveee
    so automation is mother of robotics????
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    A more precise way it is the predecessor of Robotics
  • anay
    anay
    one of the major differences between automation and robotics is whether the machine performs a single set of operations or if the sequence can be mixed up or changed for better efficiency. If the machine receives sensory feedback, then the machine can change sequences automatically for the best results. Some machines are able to learn from mistakes, or through constant exposure, while others will lack this ability. The level of movement also is different between automation and robotics, with one being faster and more complex.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Automation is a very generic term - which is basically about making the things work automatically. Robotics could broadly be called a 'sub-set' of automation, because robots 'automate' the things and continue to operate as long as you want.

Automation can be done in anything; using control systems, electronics, mechanics and so on. In computers - you can run scripts to perform a pre-defined set of functions and operations; which would be called as 'automation.

Robotics on the other hand is use of robots (the term used for mechanical robots) to automate the most common and repetitive tasks.

I hope this makes the things clearer. If you've doubts, feel free to ask below.
  • naveee
    naveee
    The_Big_K
    Automation is a very generic term - which is basically about making the things work automatically. Robotics could broadly be called a 'sub-set' of automation, because robots 'automate' the things and continue to operate as long as you want.

Automation can be done in anything; using control systems, electronics, mechanics and so on. In computers - you can run scripts to perform a pre-defined set of functions and operations; which would be called as 'automation.

Robotics on the other hand is use of robots (the term used for mechanical robots) to automate the most common and repetitive tasks.

I hope this makes the things clearer. If you've doubts, feel free to ask below.
    even in automation ..they are programmed in doin their repeated tasks......i don think in automation ...they don change their task
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Both are possible based on the Input programs you have pal
  • liza2010
    liza2010
    As I am of this field, Automation and Robotics is same thing & A name of the course of Engineering
  • Geetam Bharadwaj
    Geetam Bharadwaj
    Robotics is a part of Automation. In the field of automation robots can be used as a master or a slave in doing the repeated tasks.
    Automation is nothing but the game of IOs.
  • karthikaqpt
    karthikaqpt
    A robotic device or a Robots and Drones - YouTube can be controlled by automation system but the reverse is not true.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ways To Manage R Own Created E-Waste - I wish some detailed information on this topic. I wish to know how can E waste be managed?
Hi, Here i have done the project , which interface the Micro controller with Blender 3D engine. Using this project you can Control the 3D object in Blender with the...
I m in 2nd year CSE... plz tell me how to start preparing to get into PEC chandigarh. how to clear GATE? what can i do at this stage to...
plz post me some ppt's about the topic OLED technology
good afternoon sir's...hmm.... working on for edge lit sign...we created a circuit using a IC4017 and 555 timer and 30 leds...so our whereabouts were, how we gonna have a 3...