Difference between NTFS & FAT32,FAT?

a silly Question...

what is the difference between NTFS & FAT32,FAT type of specification which is seen inhard disk ,usb😒

Replies

• sree kumar
    sree kumar
    😕what is the difference between NTFS & FAT32,FAT type of specification which is seen inhard disk ,usb😒
  • Ashutosh_shukla
    Ashutosh_shukla
    Try to search this on google or may be even wikianswers.com you may get its solution
    I know that FAT is File Allocation Table
    and NTFS may be New Technology File System But search on google and you get the answer
  • sumitjami
    sumitjami
    hi Sree Kumar, these are nothing but tables which are created by the operating system which contain the information about the various files and folder stored on the computer.....where the FAT is the oldest and NTFS the latest........one of the greatest advantages of NTFS over FAT32 is that, it is much more efficient in the storage algorithm and thus saves a lot space.....
  • lohit margoor
    lohit margoor
    Hi MAN,
    FAT-file allocating table -which is the oldest algorithm to store the files in a hard drive.
    FAT32-nothing but FAT but useed for 32bit OS systems
    NTFS-I dont know much about it .

if you have windows XP os, just go to Help & Media support int START MENU.Type NTFS &search.you will get not only the information about NTFS but also the commands for convering FAT32 system into NTFS system.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hye friends, i'm rupesh from NIT, jamshedpur-jharkhand(india)😁
Farhan Akhtar's debut as an actor ROCKS!! Everybody has done a stupendous job with nice music to tap your feet! DefiniteLy a must go, if you have the thing for...
Any One know wat a water rocket is???????
hi every one ....i have been given the job to held the technical events in our college fest and am in badly need of ideas for some technical events relating...
Hello everyone, I hav a project for sms sending website in asp.net so can i get any help or sugesstions that wat i should do to send sms from my...