Difference Between LED and OLED?

Biggie's thread here: #-Link-Snipped-# got me thinking.

From what I know LEDs are very similar to LCDs. How exactly do the organic LEDs differ from LEDs? And what makes them better?

Could anyone explain?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Well main difference between LED and OLED is in its construction Typical LED has semiconductor material and it emitts light when Electron gets charged from supply and it come backs to its normal orbit and Light emission takes place while as per my basic knowledge about OLED I come to know that Oraganic material used in OLED is also having Light emission charactristics and it is due to the thermal conductivity of that material.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Please do not strip out 'www' from URLs that you post. Check with browser settings.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra
    Biggie's thread here: #-Link-Snipped-# got me thinking.
    From what I know LEDs are very similar to LCDs. How exactly do the organic LEDs differ from LEDs? And what makes them better?
    They can be made using a flexible film. They are much lighter and the current technology allows HD displays. Other than that they are LEDs in function.
    There is plenty of info available on the net.
    Here is an overview:
    OLED Info | OLED TV, Displays, Screens, Lighting, Information and News
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    bioramani
    They can be made using a flexible film. They are much lighter and the current technology allows HD displays. Other than that they are LEDs in function.
    There is plenty of info available on the net.
    Here is an overview:
    OLED Info | OLED TV, Displays, Screens, Lighting, Information and News
    Alright.
    If I understand it right, it can be done two ways. One is thin and the other is capable of really good contrast.
    The thin ones are edge lit and are subject to the raw contrast limitations of the LCD.

Does this mean (from what I've heard) they don't have the limited lifespan of OLED? (It was something as low as 4 years.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Now we can develop various accessories that communicate with bada applications on a bada device through a USB client connector. From the bada API version 2.0, the Osp::Io::SerialPort class can...
Sand Flea is an 11-lb robot with one trick up its sleeve: Normally it drives like an RC car, but when it needs to it can jump 30 feet into...
hi all, i want to create a gmail/facebook like chat application in php, can any one help me to do that, while searching in google ,i diidnt get anything
I'm going to have a 3 days' holiday for Tomb-Sweeping Day here. I'm happy to have rest for a few days although I won't offer a sacrifice to my ancestors....
hey good evening,...can you suggest me a good site or tutoriel for learning php. i got confusion with google 😀 pls help me....