difference between java and .net

I want to know the major differences between java and .net. I don't know why .net came into existence? And how can we differentiate to do a project on java or .net? Which one is efficient to use and efficient to code?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sind
    I want to know the major differences between java and .net. I don't know why .net came into existence? And how can we differentiate to do a project on java or .net? Which one is efficient to use and efficient to code?
    I Googled this for you and found following link: Comparison Of The Java And .Net Platforms
  • sind
    sind
    I want to hear from people here.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    .NET came into existence just to compete with JAVA
  • Varsha0802
    Varsha0802
    .Net offers better functionality than Java and making applications is easier in .Net. But java has the plus point that its open source.
  • sookie
    sookie
    .Net is limited only to Windows environment and Java is opened for all environments including Mobiles.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi! my name is Arshid.i study in B.com 2nd year. and also o level. i am also teaching computer two diploma in private institution since 2009. i want to become...
import java.awt.Graphics; import java.applet.Applet; import java.awt.Color; public class Main extends Applet implements Runnable { Thread t; int x=500; int y=745; @Override public void init() { setBackground(Color.black); } @Override public void...
The system deals with security during transmission of data. Commonly used technology is cryptography. This system deals with implementing security-using Steganography. Abstract: In this technology, the end user identifies an...
The idea is to perform various activities in an organization such as maintaining employees where about's, bulletin board, reservation facility for training and meeting rooms. Abstract: Virtual Office Management displays...
The idea is to create an application on android based smart phone that enables access to a twitter account and provide with its functionalities. Abstract: To develop an Android client...