Difference between inductance and induction?

What is the difference between inductance and induction?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Karan007
    What is the difference between inductance and induction?
    Have you referred to any electrical engineering book yet? You will find plenty of information about the two if you make a search on Google. If you still have problem understanding the difference, you may ask specific questions. Good luck! 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Agree with what's written above. If you ask "what is xyz" all that people can do is give you a definition, which is never helpful to truly understand the subject.
    Instead point out what part of it you don't understand or find confusing.

The process of generating electrical current in a conductor by placing the conductor in a changing magnetic field is called electromagnetic induction or just induction.

Inductance is the property of a circuit whereby a change in current causes a change in voltage in the same circuit.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi

My name is Chandan Nasta. I am from Mumbai. I came across this wonderful site of yours which has a lot of good information and I really liked it a...
Chinese multinational company Lenovo launched two Android tablets - Yoga Tab 3 and Tab 2 A7-20 in an event held on this Thursday. Although the Yoga Tab 3 was unveiled...
Hi Folks, sit back on your chairs. Here's a real life incident that has (is) happened to me. On October 5th evening, while making a call, my phone (Samsung Galaxy...
Quote: The Dutch team who have grown the world's first burger in a lab say they hope to have a product on sale in five years. Researchers are to set...