Difference Between FrameWork, CMS and E-Commerce in Web Development.

Hi Ceans!!!
Anybody suggest what is the difference between FrameWork, CMS and E-Commerce sites in web development?

Replies

• Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Would you please elaborate your question?
    What is your confusion?
    Pardon me but, I am not finding any relation among these three terms
    FrameWork, CMS and E-Commerce sites
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    They've nothing in common so to say. Framework is basically a structure that helps you design your software. A CMS is a content management system that makes it easier to manage content and e-commerce websites are basically the websites that do online transactions of various forms.
  • meetramprasad
    meetramprasad
    Hi #-Link-Snipped-#
    If You take a website we have an functionality oriented site, buy/selling oriented sites and blog oriented websites.
    here, I prefer,
    1) 'functionality oriented website' for framework.
    2) 'buy/selling oriented websites' for e-commerce and
    3) 'blog' for CMS.

So, i need what are the major difference between these three.

Please apologize me if i am wrong. I made some confusions with this..
  • meetramprasad
    meetramprasad
    The_Big_K
    They've nothing in common so to say. Framework is basically a structure that helps you design your software. A CMS is a content management system that makes it easier to manage content and e-commerce websites are basically the websites that do online transactions of various forms.
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
    I made clear with this.. But, can you please explain me in what kind of programming structure they will differentiate....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    meetramprasad
    Thanks #-Link-Snipped-#
    I made clear with this.. But, can you please explain me in what kind of programming structure they will differentiate....
    Didn't get your question, especially what exactly do you mean by 'programming structure' ?
  • meetramprasad
    meetramprasad
    The_Big_K
    Didn't get your question, especially what exactly do you mean by 'programming structure' ?
    Hi,
    For example if you take a php framework like cakephp, code ignitor these are all comes under MVC.
    So, if we take e-commerce like magento. Then in what basis they will create the core.. may be it also an MVC. but we have something peculiar.... So, i need that difference..
    Thanks!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There you go. I'll tag people who know PHP and coding stuff. Tagging #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# to handle this question 😀
  • meetramprasad
    meetramprasad
    The_Big_K
    There you go. I'll tag people who know PHP and coding stuff. Tagging #-Link-Snipped-#, #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-# to handle this question 😀
    Thanks a Lot Cean!!!!
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    meetramprasad
    Hi,
    For example if you take a php framework like cakephp, code ignitor these are all comes under MVC.
    So, if we take e-commerce like magento. Then in what basis they will create the core.. may be it also an MVC. but we have something peculiar.... So, i need that difference..
    Thanks!
    MVC is not a framework -- its a design pattern.
    Pattern is name work which you are doing again and again. Pattern is being Followed not used. For MVC patter if you able to separate view (simply Client part) , controller and model (business logic and data manipulation) then you are following MVC pattern . Even if you are not using any framework.
    Framework is used to reduce effort and standardized process to do things.

Since most of the web application just need to use request from data, catch request and do some algorithm thing and shows to user again.Solution of this problem can be given using best way by following MVC pattern.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    ianoop
    MVC is not a framework -- its a design pattern.
    Pattern is name work which you are doing again and again. Pattern is being Followed not used. For MVC patter if you able to separate view (simply Client part) , controller and model (business logic and data manipulation) then you are following MVC pattern . Even if you are not using any framework.
    Framework is used to reduce effort and standardized process to do things.

Since most of the web application just need to use request from data, catch request and do some algorithm thing and shows to user again.Solution of this problem can be given using best way by following MVC pattern.
    I agree with it. To add into this, MVC is just a pattern or architecture of program.
    It wouldnt increase the performance of website.
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Framework is a reusable component implemented in a particular technology. e.g. logging framework like log4j, MVC framework like spring, struts etc. If you keep reusable component at an abstract level - that's design pattern.

If you take re-usability to next level, you create reusable applications like CMS or e-commerce applications. These are then called application platforms or application frameworks.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    design pattern : If you have n numbers of problem, which can be solved by a common pattern that's a design pattern.

For E-Commerce application like Flipkart, could be following architecture. might be there.

1. Browsing product and site: MVC pattern for View-user interface, Controller-For managing user request where to send
    Model-to process user request, what to show next, product info and suggested product
    This MVC pattern might be implemented using Struts framework

2. Payment and purchase confirmation : a webservice implementation to receive money from payment gateway and confirm the payment. this totally backend and most suitable pattern is Command Pattern (without knowing parameter and detail info Flipkart will put request to gateway to receive money which is after that authenticated by user) The whole process is connected to Database and suitable framework is Hibernate.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I will explain you in simplest language

Consider a human being as a ecommerce website

Now framework provides you leg, head as individual peices to build human being

CMS: provides you human being which you can modify according to your requirement

Let me know if it is still unclear or I am wrong 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HELLO frns.. plz tel me the code for ASk demod. for matlab. I want it urgently.
Name: Abhijit Dey Engineering Trade: Information Technology Location: Nagpur, Mumbai Occupation: Student Work Experience: N/A Hobbies & Interests: Checking out new ways to look around the gadget world and the...
Dropbox - one of the most popular file sharing and collaboration service has acquired Mailbox - a unique email client for iPhone. Today, mailbox announced that they've been acquired by...
College of engineering (CEG), Guindy will conduct BioSpectra 2013, an annual Technical symposium which will be held from Thursday, March 21 to Friday, March 23, 2013. BIOSPECTRA’13​Biospectra'13 - The National...
In season of rain due to heavy moisture in air, i.c. engine run smooth with LESS KNOCKING and feels good. I think if we set a device with air filter...