Difference between current and revised GRE

There are new types of questions on the GRE revised General Test that better reflect the kind of thinking you'll do in graduate or business school programs.

Verbal Reasoning section
Antonyms and Analogies have been removed from the test, so you're no longer tested on vocabulary out of context. New types of questions have also been added to test your ability to interpret, evaluate and reason from what you've read.

Quantitative Reasoning section

More focus has been placed on data interpretation and real-life scenarios, with multiple-choice and numeric entry answers. You'll also be able to use an on-screen calculator to reduce the emphasis on computation.

Analytical Writing section

You'll be given one topic to complete an essay task about, rather than a choice of topics. Tasks are more specific, to ensure you can integrate critical thinking and analytical writing by fully addressing the tasks presented.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Moreover, the scores for the current GRE General Test will continue to be valid for five years, and scores for the GRE revised General Test will also be valid for five years.
  • msl
    msl
    I have GRE Test in 2 weeks time. What is the best way to memorize as many words as I can,
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    The best way to memorize the words is constant revision. At the end of the day make sure that you remember the words that you went through throughout the day.
    Give minimum one hour for one word list provided in the Barrons.
    Within two weeks time, it is difficult to memorize all the words, but be sure that whatever you read you remember it.
    Read little, but read well and thoroughly.
  • henry3
    henry3
    In revised GRE, you can postpone the puzzling question for a while, and solve it at the end.....that is not available in previous GRE format.....you have to quit question for good.....for furher details, you can go to GRE website......😀
  • shivgan3
    shivgan3

Video Series for the New Revised GRE!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple Co-Founder, Steve Wozniak recently said that he believes Google's Android Mobile Operating System will take over Apple iOS's #1 position in near future. I've several reasons to believe Mr....
Hi guys, I am using Firefox for my main web browsing, while sometime I also use chrome. But for using internet I need to login to my college server, and...
There are many software tools that let users backup their mobile, handheld data on desktops. How about a service that lets users backup their data on a centralized server? The...
IBM India & IBM Daksh have won NASSCOM's 'Best IT Services and Products Company' and 'Best BPO Company' respectively. These awards encourage, recognise and honour IT and BPO organisations that...
Walk–in for Junior Software Engineers with 1-2 years experience Hello All, There is walk- in drive for hiring Junior Software Engineers for Tieto on 28th November, 2010 for the below...