Did you notice? - Avatars on CrazyEngineers are now compressed

Just a little change that we introduced a few hours ago on CrazyEngineers. Earlier, we had one avatar file (a png image) which would load everywhere. This resulted into slow loading speeds on mobile phones.

Last night, we compressed all images into JPEG format and shrunk them to fit the avatars container. As a result, the image sizes have gone down from ~25 - 35 Kb to just about ~2 - 1 kb. 

PS: It's high time that we should have an official blog or some changelog mechanism. What say you?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

PS: It's high time that we should have an official blog or some changelog mechanism. What say you?

#-Link-Snipped-# , you’re right (as usual?)

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Actually, we want an 'official' place where we could share what we are currently working on, get some feedback and opinion et al. I think official blog for the updates and changelog for released updates would be awesome addition to CE. 

• Aaron Hansel
    Aaron Hansel

The site is faster than I visited last time. Congratulations to the team!

• DM update
    DM update

I have also noticed this change and i found site more faster than earlier.

• AdhikariHarika Reshma
    AdhikariHarika Reshma

It's great to look that the site is working best.Great 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If we want to run whole c++ program in a place where input is required?Or how I give input in form of c++ programme.
What is mean by COTS in BMIDE,Please explain about this
3 Bit Up / Down Counter if Input = 1 count up else count down.Use JK Flip-Flop.How can i construct JK FF by using logic gates (Inverter,AND,OR etc..)
The most widely recognized kinds of meetings are: 1. Telephonic Interview.2. Eye to eye meet, based around capabilities and your CV.3. Specialized. Thus, You can hope to be gotten some...
A truly CEan solution to a vexing problem:https://www.dropbox.com/s/ychc4ekt0uw72os/CE%20egg%20breaker.mp4?dl=0