Dhanush (Kolaveri Di) To Lecture @ IIM-A : Meh?

The premier management education institute in India - IIMA has arranged for a 1.5 Hr lecture to IIM-A students enrolled in the 'Contemporary Film Industry' course. Dhanush will talk about the success story of Kolaveri Di song, perceptions and insights about the song going viral and 'viral marketing' cum social media in general.

Both Dhanush and Anirudh (the duo who created Kolaveri Di song) have been repeatedly saying that the song was just an unexpected success and nothing was 'planned'. It's totally surprising that an institute like IIM is now actually trying to derive something out of the success of Kolaveri. I wonder what's going on inside the top brains at IIM. ๐Ÿ‘Ž

Replies

• Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    IIM-A is going bonkers? ๐Ÿ˜จ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Dancer_Engineer
    IIM-A is going bonkers? ๐Ÿ˜จ
    Hah! ๐Ÿ˜

It's totally surprising that IIM A actually invites Dhanush! I've several friends from IIMs who opine that IIM didn't do any good except finding them a nice paying job.
  • vinci
    vinci
    its management may be that decides success at times
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    IIM invites! Now this is too much for this Kolaveri di
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Ohh. I always feel that only small and local colleges invites film stars. But IIM A ๐Ÿ˜’
    Sick of kolaveri di now ๐Ÿ‘Ž
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Sada
    Ohh. I always feel that only small and local colleges invites film stars. But IIM A ๐Ÿ˜’
    Sick of kolaveri di now ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    It does not surprise me! Don't forget Dhanush is son-in-law of Rajnikanth ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    The premier management education institute in India - IIMA has arranged for a 1.5 Hr lecture to IIM-A students enrolled in the 'Contemporary Film Industry' course. Dhanush will talk about the success story of Kolaveri Di song, perceptions and insights about the song going viral and 'viral marketing' cum social media in general.

Both Dhanush and Anirudh (the duo who created Kolaveri Di song) have been repeatedly saying that the song was just an unexpected success and nothing was 'planned'. It's totally surprising that an institute like IIM is now actually trying to derive something out of the success of Kolaveri. I wonder what's going on inside the top brains at IIM. ๐Ÿ‘Ž
    May be they just want to have a happy-go-lucky attitude inside the campus? ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Issue
    It does not surprise me! Don't forget Dhanush is son-in-law of Rajnikanth ๐Ÿ˜
    So what? Now IIMA inviting them only to know something about that song and about it's success.
    I still don't know how that song become such a big hit? ๐Ÿ˜•
  • Reya
    Reya
    Ah! IIMA invites the film stars to give lectures on Contemporary Film Industry. Even Shriyasharan was invited 2 yrs back to give lecture to 2nd year students on CFA. This course was started on 2009 and students opting for this course were approximately 150. I think IIMA invites film stars every year.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    godfather
    IIM invites! Now this is too much for this Kolaveri di
    Too much for IIMA-A actually ๐Ÿ˜›
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Dhanush in IIM-A. nice to listen. who haven't been to college
    Do any one knew the meaning of "kolaiveri"
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    aarthivg
    Dhanush in IIM-A. nice to listen. who haven't been to college
    Do any one knew the meaning of "kolaiveri"
    It means torture to the point of death.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I guess IIM is thinking in the management way of getting more people!!! Advertising kolaveri???
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I don't see anything wrong in that...

As far as the IIM is concerned, they have a course on contemporary cinema, and who else would they call other than someone who is currently doing well in contemporary cinema? Whether it's actually useful to have a course in cinema in a renowned management institute is a different question altogether. But, such a course being already in place, I think nothing is wrong in bringing anyone relevant to speak about cinema and how to do it right.

It's true that he doesn't know anything about marketing or other finer aspects of business. But he did succeed. And though it was not something that he expected, he did cash in on that success. I'm sure he will have something that the students of that course would want to learn.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    What they got management lesson from intant hit song Kolavery di....๐Ÿ˜ด . its just a instant hit song because of internet explosion , Mumbai Flash mob is also a example of this.
    they should call SUTTA guys and honey singh too. they are also much popular among engineering colleges.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am sure you already read this, but quoting it, The Government Of India intends to involve other three IITs (along with IIT Rajasthan) in the Aakash tablet PC project,...
Google is reportedly working creating Googles powered by the Google Goggles software which may replace your real Goggles! The app may soon be ported to your glasses and give you...
Google is running yet another design test on their homepage currently. As of right now, at least two designs are life for all users. First the single button menu interface...
https://www.autoblog.com/2012/02/04/...campaign=Feed:+weblogsinc/autoblog+(Autoblog)