developing text editor using C

Dear reader,

Somebody kindly tell me as to how to develop a text editor using C language and ncurses library. Where can i get a ready source code for it?
Also kindly tell me what is ncurses library? How to use ncurses library? Kindly tell me about the books that i have to refer in order to develop a text editor for a mini project in my college.Also give me the details of the books that i have to refer to uderstand ncurses library. kindly give the details of the books which contain the source code of text editors designed in Clanguage using the ncurses library.Whoever reads this post kindly reply to

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    NCURSES Programming HOWTO

๐Ÿ˜€

Waise, if you want to develop a very rudimentary editor, you can directly do it through native file handling, et al, eh?
  • mahul
    mahul
    it wd b interesting 2 develop this....i was workin' on this bt lost steam...cntct me 4 details
  • ursskmdali
    ursskmdali
    Can you give me the details of text editor. I am interested to develop the similar one. My e-mail id is : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • smithu.simi
    smithu.simi
    i too need help... more info on text editor implemented in C is needed.... pls post on me the references that can be used to #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No one's going to email you - smithu. We ask that all discussions should happen on CE Forums so that everyone gets benefited.
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Biggie you are a good admin!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Smithi, what ever your progress please do share it with us ok? This is a place to learn and share what we learn ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Itanium
    Itanium
    anything going on the text editor developement ?
  • umesh936
    umesh936
    hi guys
    do sumthing new its look like school project ,here is link that can help u
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    one more
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    may b this is help full
    bys
  • niraj.kumar
    niraj.kumar
    You can find books on NCURSE Library over here
    #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi there hope u can help me out. I am a EEE student. This is a doubt from my paper communication & network transmission please help me out. The following...
Calculating the viscosity blending index of a liquid consisting of two or more liquids having different viscosities is a two step procedure. The first step involves calculation of the Viscosity...
Hey CEans! *looks at xheavenlyx's posting template* ๐Ÿ˜› Im working on a line following robot in a group that uses the PIC16F877A uC and the L293 motor driver. The sensors...
CRDI-IT STANDS FOR COMMON RAIL DIRECT INJECTION I M DOING MECHANICAL ENGG.-3rd YEAR I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS SYSTEM WORKS COM-ON MECHEYS
I have a business website idea that is more complex than a simple e-commerce site. I am not a "computer person" so I have no idea where to start actually...