Develop the CE-Conference Box

I know that we have a lot of programmers here who would love to work on projects.

I have an idea for all of you. Can we have a group of programmers here who can develop a CE-Conference Box for our forum which is better than the existing one.

Please share your ideas & suggestions.

PS: I just have this idea. ๐Ÿ˜’ I am clueless right now on how we should start working on this.

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    what do you mean by better than this?
    Did you observe any drawbacks in current one?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    We can have some ideas from CEans only. There is always some room for improvements.
    As Biggie said here:

CE Conference is Ajax powered. In simple words, it only fetches the data from the server, thus eliminating the need of refreshing the whole page. For the CE-Day, we had enabled the Conference for all the visitors which caused the server to be pinged every 5 seconds for all the members. That caused the server load to shoot up within just few minutes before we could take any action. Unfortunately, the server broke down and we had to reboot it, thus making CE unavailable for about 2 minutes.
    I think we can find a solution for this.
  • whiz.kid.aniket
    whiz.kid.aniket
    I have written a very simple code in javascript which displays only CE - conference and not the forum!
    Its a sort of pop-up window! means you can browse whole forum and still keep an eye on CE-Conference. No need of going to index page of forum!

;-)

* Version 1.0 (Javascript Code)
    javascript:open('https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/misc.php?do=cchatbox','welcome','width=640,height=480,menubar=no,status=no,location=no,toolbar=no,scrollbars=yes');
    just copy and paste the above code in address bar and press enter!.

*Tested Successfully in Mozilla Firefox 3.6.12.
  • Leo
    Leo
    That is nice one.
  • Morningdot Hablu
    Morningdot Hablu
    I don't have much knowledge about Ajax but i think we must have to slow down our CE-conference in order to fix this issue.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    i think improvements need in database structure
    according to me the current way of ce conference is straightforward .I dont think there should be any issues with ajax
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    If the reason for the high server load was because of all the users polling it, then we can try implementing some Reverse Ajax (also called Comet) methods so that the server will push out data to the users (without each user constantly polling the server to get the updated chat). More info here:

#-Link-Snipped-#)

Jabbify is an example of a chat service that uses Comet, but it seems their main site is down. You can still check out their wiki info here:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Using this should theoretically support many users of the CE Conference. The Jabber API is worth checking out.. IF their site is back up again!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Wishing you a very happy birthday! ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ‰
Hey, new to the forums. Basically, I'm in my second year of my Electrical Engineering course. For my Project I have decided to do research into Avionics and how Avionics...
I wish to take up a project at Automotive research association of india(ARAI) as a summer training. Is it possible, and if yes then how to apply?
if any bdy gt any ntes on needle arc welding plz send me@ (email removed) urgent..!!!
Please tell me how the direction of 3-phase induction motor can be reversed.