Detection For Intoxication

hello guys,
The safety in driving can acquired by using the sensors.I have an idea of using a ethanol sensor which is placed inside the car and adsorbs the air from the driver.The sensor could estimate the BAC(Blood Alcohol Concentration) of the driver.If the BAC exceeds 0.15g/dL, the sensor should deliver a warning signal to the driver and stops the car at once.so,we can possibly prevent the drunk driving accidents.

Could this idea practically come true...?
I need your suggestions........................
😁

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    Not unless you try !
    Is there any harm in trying if you believe on your own idea ! I would suggest go for it !
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vaitheeswaran
    hello guys,
    The safety in driving can acquired by using the sensors.I have an idea of using a ethanol sensor which is placed inside the car and adsorbs the air from the driver.The sensor could estimate the BAC(Blood Alcohol Concentration) of the driver.If the BAC exceeds 0.15g/dL, the sensor should deliver a warning signal to the driver and stops the car at once.so,we can possibly prevent the drunk driving accidents.

I need your suggestions........................
    😁
    Why not? Engineers are the ones who turn ideas into reality. Go for it! If you need technical help, post specific questions! [​IMG]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I think the main obstacle you'll face is how to get enough concentration from the driver's breath to record the BAC, without being intrusive.

Perhaps you could just make it a requirement to breathe into the sensor directly, after placing the key in the ignition? Then if the driver passes the test, the engine will start 😀
  • gohm
    gohm
    Don't forget eliminating other types of alcohol found in medicine and hygene products. It also would need to be able to change as legal bac levels change. Here in the US many states have different levels. The biggest obsticle would be the buying public as it would be seen as intrucive (sp?). I think it would be a great idea for individuals convicted of dui previously for condition of keeping a driver's lisense. A court mandated program?
  • vaitheeswaran
    vaitheeswaran
    gohm
    Don't forget eliminating other types of alcohol found in medicine and hygene products. It also would need to be able to change as legal bac levels change. Here in the US many states have different levels. The biggest obsticle would be the buying public as it would be seen as intrucive (sp?). I think it would be a great idea for individuals convicted of dui previously for condition of keeping a driver's lisense. A court mandated program?
    thank u ghom,
    I have an idea of using IR which could possibly adsorb the ethanol vapours and carbon-di-oxide vapours,thereby measuring BAC. can u say about adsorbing efficiency by other radiations higher than IR???
  • gohm
    gohm
    Spectronomy might also be a good idea

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I want to diy a 6 x 4 rows of leds to be connected from a supply of 12v for my car. Is there a schematic which I can...
Hello all CE'ans.... i had attended a seminar on CFD and was interested on it. so can u kindly enligthen me more about this branch of mechanical,i need total detailed...
Hello one and all.This is Rohan Subbbaiah here,n i m doin my final year engg(mechanical) I m keen on doin my further studies.So please do suggest me the courses avialable...
Name:Suman Mehta Engineering Trade:Computer Science Hobbies & Interests:reading,singing,dancing I m palced at Tech Mahindra..will be joining in sept I m here to RoCk😁
i need the idea about ECE final year projects