Detect crack in the crankshaft

How can you detect a very small crack on/inside the crankshaft.??

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    How about using the non-destructive material testing methods like ultrasound method, etc.
  • Saugata
    Saugata
    As mentioned above internal cracks are detected using ultrasound or x-ray systems in various companies.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    There is something called Signature analysis used in Electrical machines to find defects.
    Also using Acoustic analysis might help.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I registered on various job sites, submitted my cv and contact details. I am receiving various notifications from different companies but not sure how true these companies are! Also, I...
Hey all, Can anybody point me to the best source of learning about Oracle SQl explain plans online? Thank you
i am desiring to study m.tech in "MULTIMEDIA AND SOUND ENGINEERING". so can any cean's help me in knowing the top colleges and their "GATE"score cutoff's in india?
Windows 8 has finally made its way to the consumers and that has followed the hardware makers to adopt their hardware to Windows 8 awesomeness. Dell has now launched their...
Indian web developers rejoice - Google's web font has now included three Indian languages in their international 'local language fonts'. Currently the 'early access' shows 9 international languages viz. Arabic,...