Desktop start-up time

Why does my computer desktop screen takes a lot of time (like 10 minutes) to fully open up(start-up or can say Load) when I switch on the computer?

Replies

• Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Hey close the start up applications which were running in the background at the startup. Then it won't take much time.

You can do it by using CCleaner.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Remove all the files in the Windows Prefetch folder, and it decreases your start up time by 80%. See more about prefetch at Prefetcher
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    go to MSConfig (by typing msconfig on run), click on tab startup, uncheck all items that you dont want automatically to load when PC starts.

Logic-
    MS Windows isnt pre-optimised - especially when it comes to the processes carried out during boot cycle. There are many things Windows will do during startup that probably maybe irrelevant for your PC. For example, if you dont have internet connection, it will still check for network connections.

If you are doing something that you dont know, make sure that you take a backup of your PC or create a restore point ๐Ÿ˜€
    Instead of doing in the msconfig, it is better to do it in registry...
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
    It is effective and cleans the registry too! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • synergynext
    synergynext
    agreed, but again ... wud like to remind her to take backup of registry this time
    synergynext
    agreed, but again ... wud like to remind her to take backup of registry this time
    Yeah right... ๐Ÿ˜€ Don't forget... ๐Ÿ˜€ BACKUP REGISTRY! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    De-fragmenting the system drive also speeds up the booting process.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

actually am making project on the same topic.... using cylinders .... i want to mke a bit of inovation in it ...plzz help me...
A very important note before starting. In Japanese, the letter "de" is pronounced as "the" in "there" AND "su" is pronounced as "ss" and So read "Desu" as "Thess" Haajimemaashite...
Here's a question to all the electrical engineers - What's the minimum voltage required to get a 'shock' and what's the minimum voltage dangerous to human body?
When a certain number is divided by 7, the remainder is 0. If the remainder is not 0 when the number is divided by 14, then the remainder must be...
Hello!!!! I am Ritupam, a Mechanical Engineering student...... Will someone please explain me the concept of ENTHALPY in thermodynamics???? Thank you....