desktop icons

icons on desktop of windows XP remains selected!
is it some virus?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Not a CS Engineering topic.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    check if sticky keys are on...

sometimes i face the same problem, once in a blue moon. log off and then log back in...this should hopefully solve the problem
  • aashvi
    aashvi
    no! its like all the icons are blue, they do not go even if i log off.
    i mean no sticky bit is on i this case.
  • aashvi
    aashvi
    no sticky key is on
  • Pranav Kathale
    Pranav Kathale
    You mean, background behind the icons and name of icon is blue?? 😒
    or something else?
    What do you exactly mean by SELECTED?? 😒
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    mad_scientist
    check if sticky keys are on...

sometimes i face the same problem, once in a blue moon. log off and then log back in...this should hopefully solve the problem

I hope this solves the problem.
  • itchap
    itchap
    Try This:

Goto My Computer--->Properties--->Advanced--->Here you will find performance.

Click on to the settings. Then in first tab(Visual Effects) choose the first radio button.(Let the window choose what's best for my computer). Then click ok.

Hope this will solve your problem.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Are you using any theme in your computer???
  • aashvi
    aashvi
    yes the background behind icon and name of icon is blue.
    no i dont use any theme in my computer
  • aashvi
    aashvi
    @ itchap
    thanks for ur suggestion but that too dint solve the problem!
  • Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    hi
    try this Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Tab - Settings Button - check: Use Drop Shadows for Icon Labels on the Desktop
    or check let windows choose
  • aashvi
    aashvi
    i tried this too!
    this too isn't working
    is this some kind of virus?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is the Windows XP firewall good enough? Or use a third-party firewall like Quick heal,Norton, Zone Alarm etc.. What do CEan recommend ? and one more Question how to update...
Good day everyone, there are five pins in the DC Motor Driver:GND,Vcc,PWM CCW,CW and i have two motor drivers. I have problem on how to connect the pins of the...
hey the foll is the program i did for index sequential search.And i have used a function called getline but its giving a error that unable to call function getline.So...
during surfing i found about Programming Contest for Engineering and MCA Students Visit for more information Home Aspirations 2020
Hello, I am using a basic circuit with a thermister, variable resister and reid switch to turn on a motor at a certain temperature. Is it at all possible to...