Designing Social Networking Website

I am a final year student and i wish to design a social networking site. I would like to know which language can i use for the same. Also let me know a brief idea about the front end and back end to be used in the social networking site.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Typically, the choice of language is decided by the features you're trying to implement. I'd recommend Ruby programming language with Rails framework.

Not exactly sure what you're looking for about 'front end' and 'back end'. Are you looking for ideas about features? Or are you looking for the choice of Javascript libraries (front end) and database systems (back end) ?
  • Mayuri Karnik
    Mayuri Karnik
    The_Big_K
    Typically, the choice of language is decided by the features you're trying to implement. I'd recommend Ruby programming language with Rails framework.

Not exactly sure what you're looking for about 'front end' and 'back end'. Are you looking for ideas about features? Or are you looking for the choice of Javascript libraries (front end) and database systems (back end) ?
    I want the basic features such as chat, emailing, blogging,etc.
    And by front end i mean the user interface to be used such as java script libraries and back end in which we actually design the site.
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Back End can be anything. Go for the technology you are familiar with. Being a BTech student, I think you will be aware of Oracle so just connect your front end with Oracle. Making a social networking website is fun. Make the front end using html/css/javascript and connect it with the back end. You can also go for .NET as it provides an easier way of designing but if you want to go to the core of coding, then use java..
  • Neeraj Sharma
    Neeraj Sharma
    Mayuri Karnik
    I want the basic features such as chat, emailing, blogging,etc.
    And by front end i mean the user interface to be used such as java script libraries and back end in which we actually design the site.
    You dont design the site in back end. Back end is just used for record keeping where you can match the records and provide some functionality. An easy example of this would be a login page, where you compare the record for user name and password in the back end and if they match, you grant access to the user
  • Mayuri Karnik
    Mayuri Karnik
    Nick_Sharma
    You dont design the site in back end. Back end is just used for record keeping where you can match the records and provide some functionality. An easy example of this would be a login page, where you compare the record for user name and password in the back end and if they match, you grant access to the user
    Can you provide me the basic coding?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Mayuri Karnik
    Come on, make a start! Fire up your Eclipse and give it a sincere try. All super cool engineers here on CE are here to help you at every stage; but you must 'try' first, on your own.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Mayuri Karnik
    Facebook is not so interactive at time of inception and its was really bad at that time. I also seen it in 2006 , around 2 years after its launched. Things are getting improved by time.
    If you really want to build those things and wanted to have some basic knowledge . You should try to create login pages and show home page for few users which is accessible over your LAN network.
    Which language you want to apply for it?
  • Remya_90
    Remya_90
    If you are aware about javascript it is simple.....,so try to work it in javascript.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Haiii...... M happy to be a member of this And I need one final year project....am an electrical engineering 4th year student
I just found following photo and thought it'd be nice to have this funny game where we come up with all the whacky thoughts that 'might have' crossed the Queen's...
This animation by Bard Edlund shows internet use across the world. The clock is at US Eastern Standard Time. Circle diameter represents the number of broad band connections. https://www.edlundart.com/pages/is-the-internet-awake.html
i want to make mini controlled based project kindly suggest me any idea with details
suggest some project ideas related to monitoring systems and some ideas related to communication fields....