Designing power supply

i want to design Regulated and Variable power supply plz give me any link,pdf,book which give me full information about it from basics such as tramformers equation to all

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Hey mate nice question

But I am in noway aware of the ratings you are looking for

Is your supply to be a stepup supply or a stepdown supply Do elaborate on the Voltage specs of the design
  • aady_007
    aady_007
    step down
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Voltage ratings mate Step down what

415 to ??😕 Or is it 230 to ??

Do update here we are sure to aid you more😀
  • a.alandkar
    a.alandkar
    Dude use lm317 for the variable power supply if u want a limited range. Else go for series pass supply using transistors.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    a.alandkar
    Dude use lm317 for the variable power supply if u want a limited range. Else go for series pass supply using transistors.
    LM317 is for upto 21 or a max of 23 Volts at very low current He has not posted any details regarding that So this question has too many possible answer
  • pinank
    pinank
    U can step down the input power by using a transformer and then use a full wave rectifier, filter and voltage regulator (lm317) to set the constant voltage level...then use a pot to get the variable voltage...
  • Halil Alper ONAY
    Halil Alper ONAY
    You can find all your answers from the book ' Power Electronics-Mohan'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sony Xperia Z Ultra has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 46990. This 6.4" phone+tablet (aka phablet) will be available on eCommerce websites and retail stores...
Big science refers to the massive projects, globally funded and staffed, involving thousands of scientists, projects like the Big Haldron Collider. Small science is where one or two scientists plod...
How about using the ancient sling shot to shoot objects into space? A mechanical device spinning at peripheral velocities above the escape velocity would break to pieces. How about a...
Foc.us is the first ever brain-boosting tDCS headset that is purposed to improve your focus, reaction time, and ability to learn new skills. While the device, which has recently approved...
TLP is a power management tool for Linux. It brings you the benefits of advanced power management without the need to understand every technical detail.TLP does not replace but enhance...