Design changes in consumption of electrical appliances.

When you cannot generate at-least conserve it. This idea prompted many scientists, engineers, to devise improved appliances for daily use. Most popular amongst them being CFL (compact fluorescent lamps). LED (light emitting diodes) are also gaining popularity in developing countries. With the rising energy costs, it has become imperative to go in for power saving gadgets. In modern urban developments, high rise buildings and transport systems are adding extra burden of electrical consumption viz, lift, escalators, metro rails. While design developments may take some time for improvements, social changes like horizontal growth against vertical may reduce this extra burden. Do you think that various nations across the globe should enact the law to restrict vertical construction favouring installations of escalators & lifts?

Replies

• lal
    lal
    If we go the horizontal way, it would mean more land area. Land is limited. If we try to make a horizontal construction that has the same area of vertical construction a massive amount of land area will be required that will make it impossible in cities and highly populated places. And again, we'll need more land, means even more cutting down of trees and carving mountains. Thats unacceptable.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans from Hyderabad would come together for a CE meet? Date, time, location would be decided on majority , once the number of attendees is confirmed.
Scientists from Karlsruhe Institute of engineering (KIT) have come up with a unique cost effective solution for current limiters. What is it? Can you use it in your household appliances?...
A transformer supplying power is the main transformer and an auxiliary transformer is connected for load sharing. Transformers are operated in parallel to share excessive load on one transformer. In...
I selected a topic for my mini project which is 'Implementation of IPPBX' using Asterisk Open Source Software and it got accepted. Infact my group's aim is to customize the...
Ferrari World Theme Park at Abu Dhabi is one of the places that's suddenly made to my 'must visit' places. The theme park is dedicated to 'Ferrari' and one of...