DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A REMOTE CONTROLLED INVERTER SYSTEMS(500W)

I am writing my final year project on the topic DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A REMOTE CONTROLLED INVERTER SYSTEMS(500W).
I am seeeking help on this topic firstly in the form of comprehensive research materials. Your help will be appreciated and acknowledge.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Have you looked for the required resources online? It would help if you could post a few more details about the project your're planning to work on and the resources you've already checked.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Do you have ready hardware or need to design from zero?
  • phemms
    phemms
    godfather
    Do you have ready hardware or need to design from zero?
    Just started out so decided to reach out before embarking on anything so yea right now, I am designing from zero but what I think is most important right now is to know how it'll work and its practical applications and problems which it can solve.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    phemms
    Just started out so decided to reach out before embarking on anything so yea right now, I am designing from zero but what I think is most important right now is to know how it'll work and its practical applications and problems which it can solve.
    But before all these you make have to design stable circuit for the Inverter and that will be core part of your project.
  • phemms
    phemms
    godfather
    But before all these you make have to design stable circuit for the Inverter and that will be core part of your project.
    I have a design now but thinking if it'll be possible to add other things like a temperature sensor and so on. tried uploading it to u but it is not attaching. its a bitmap image.
  • phemms
    phemms
    I have gotten some mater
    The_Big_K
    Have you looked for the required resources online? It would help if you could post a few more details about the project your're planning to work on and the resources you've already checked.
    I have gotten some materials online from seminarprojects.com and I'll be looking at writing a code that will help it kick in when there is a power failure. Looking at using assembly language for the coding. Trying to attach my circuit diagram but its not attaching; its bitmap image.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Upload your image to image hosting site like tinypic.com and copy that url then paste it here. It should work.
  • phemms
    phemms
    godfather
    Upload your image to image hosting site like tinypic.com and copy that url then paste it here. It should work.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    In your project you want to integrate Temperature sensor and get that data at remote location. You can also add some parameter like voltage and current reading of the load to and you just have to add one GSM MODEM to each inverter which sends data to server.
  • phemms
    phemms
    godfather
    In your project you want to integrate Temperature sensor and get that data at remote location. You can also add some parameter like voltage and current reading of the load to and you just have to add one GSM MODEM to each inverter which sends data to server.
    I'll try and when I'm done, I'll send what I've done to you but will also like to see ur own version when I am done. Also, what programming language do you think will be most appropriate and simple enough. Thinking of Assembly Language. Thanks
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    if you are going to write code for modem then i suggest C language it will be easy to write code.
  • phemms
    phemms
    godfather
    if you are going to write code for modem then i suggest C language it will be easy to write code.
    Alright, I'll probably seek help in regards of C language as I am not so vast. But want to ask, what is so important about inverters cos this topic was chosen for me by my professor. You have been of great help; thanks. I'll start work on my project and as I run into problems, I'll contact you.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    phemms
    Alright, I'll probably seek help in regards of C language as I am not so vast. But want to ask, what is so important about inverters cos this topic was chosen for me by my professor. You have been of great help; thanks. I'll start work on my project and as I run into problems, I'll contact you.
    You can use Inverters for Power Sources in the remote areas as still electricity is big issue in many areas.
  • phemms
    phemms
    godfather
    You can use Inverters for Power Sources in the remote areas as still electricity is big issue in many areas.
    hi, its been a while. Can I please get a full write up on inverters from you. something you have already or can just put together; doesn't have to be ordered. Thanks.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    phemms
    hi, its been a while. Can I please get a full write up on inverters from you. something you have already or can just put together; doesn't have to be ordered. Thanks.
    Sorry but I don't have ready anything.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    phemms
    But want to ask, what is so important about inverters cos this topic was chosen for me by my professor.
    That is my doubt as well. What is the purpose of a remote controlled inverter? Is it powering some important equipment in an inaccessible place? If so, what may be needed is a reliable UPS. What exactly is being controlled? Just switching on and off? For that all you need is a solid state relay or even a plain relay that changes state when there is a power outage. Where is the need for programming, which means a micro controller and associated circuitry?

Can you define your design brief more clearly, setting out the aim and broad specs?
  • phemms
    phemms
    bioramani
    That is my doubt as well. What is the purpose of a remote controlled inverter? Is it powering some important equipment in an inaccessible place? If so, what may be needed is a reliable UPS. What exactly is being controlled? Just switching on and off? For that all you need is a solid state relay or even a plain relay that changes state when there is a power outage. Where is the need for programming, which means a micro controller and associated circuitry?

Can you define your design brief more clearly, setting out the aim and broad specs?
    I want to integrate Temperature sensor and get that data at remote location as well as program the inverter to power off when its too hot. I am also thinking of adding some parameter like voltage and current reading of the load and adding a timer a switch it on or off. And I want to add one GSM MODEM to each inverter which will send data to server.
  • phemms
    phemms
    godfather
    Sorry but I don't have ready anything.
    okay but should I be expecting anything in that regard.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Almost all modern inverters have a built in over temperature cut off. Out put voltage does not vary. Current can be sensed with a shunt. The unknown still is why remote control? What is controlled? If the problem is with the load and it is critical, it is the load equipment that should have the control, not the inverter.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name:AYUSH KUMAR Engineering Trade:MECHANICAL ENGINEERING Location😛ATNA Occupation: STUDENT Work Experience: Hobbies & Interests: NET SURFING AND CREATING NEW THINGS Aim in life: TO BE A MECHANICAL ENGINEER.... I joined CrazyEngineers...
Hi.. I'm an industrial engineer and I want to kno the MS courses those an industrial engineer is most likely to choose.. The fields that are open for an industrial...
I am now a third year student at the higher institute for applied sciences and technology. I am looking forward to gaining some practical and theoretical knowledge by interacting with...
Giza 3D Gives Immersive Experience Of Giza Pyramids – The Endangered Heritage Transformer Comes To Life – Awesome Japanese Are Awesome! Tycho Brahe – The One Passenger Suborbital Capsule Will...
Google started taking 360 degree photos of businesses interiors in 2012, with of course the permission of owners to highlight the features that make their workplace/locations stand out. The business...