Democracy vs Dictatorship

Guys which one will you prefer?

democracy or dictatorship?

Please also give reasons

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    That is a rather diplomatic question.I would answer it as I want a dictator who respects and follows democracy.
    A democracy is a good concept.It has freedom for its people.There is no authoritarian rule.But it sometimes takes more time to arrive upon a decision.
    Where as in a dictatorship you have a less choice but country's growth is sure if the dictator is open minded and strives for good of his country.
    But many times we see the opposite picture.As recently in middle east Nations.Some of them are gone while others are on their way.

Tunisia-Zine al Abedine Ben Ali
    Egypt-Hosni Mubarak
    and now Libya-Muammar Gaddafi.
    Later on Bahrain-King Hamad al isa Khalifa
    There are a lot in world as in N.Korea -Kim Jong II etc.
    They pose a bad image of dictators.

Some of them are good too like:
    Thailand :King Bhumibol Adulyadej,
    Bhutan:Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck etc.
    Cuba:Fidel Castro etc...

So for democracy I think I don't need to put my point.

But according to me this discussion should also include "THEOCRACY". 😀
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    i would like to take a neutral stand. the government should be democratic to a certain extent and autocratic for some decisions. not every system is perfect. it is a blend of systems which makes a perfect combination.
  • shame
    shame
    I' ll choose the democracy in the reason of all people will have freedom..
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    ishutopre
    That is a rather diplomatic question.I would answer it as I want a dictator who respects and follows democracy.
    Well said Ishan.

I'll support the democracy.
    In the democracy, the leaders are wise enough to find the loop holes in the democratic system and then misuse their powers. But then we have the appropriate rights to question them. For this, the common people and the opposition leaders need to be honest and thoughtful for the respective country.

On the contrary, in case of dictatorship, we won't be able to question the leader(s).

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Guys, after Egypt and Libya, Greece people are on streets now. Their reasons to do so may be different but does even India need such a thing so as to...
can the ultrasonic transmitter and receiver be connected directly to breadboard or shouuld they be connected using wires? i am doing acircuit to detect obstacles using ultrasonic transmitter and receiver.will...
Hello everyone....😁 I am making a project on networking in java. I have got a problem in it. Will anyone please tell me that how to remove duplicate values from...
Hello guys, I have project that involve using hand calculation as well Matlab and I'm wondering if any of you are able to help me to start this project !!...
Thunderbolt is a brand new i/o technology jointly developed Apple & Intel that makes debut in latest MacBook Pro laptops. Thunderbolt promises 10 GB/sec transfer rates (dual-channel). It supports high-resolution...