Dell Venue 7 and 8 Tablets Launched In India - Specs, Features & Price Out

Dell has launched its new Venue tablets in India with Dell Venue 7, Venue 8, Venue 8 Pro and Venue 11 Pro. Out of these 4 tablets, the Venue 7 and Venue 8 run on Android Jelly Bean 4.2 operating system whereas the Venue 8 Pro and 11 Pro run on Windows 8.1 OS. The tablets have been around for a while. P Krishnakumar, Dell India's executive director and general manager for consumer and small business said the company wants to offer a full range that gives users a choice. Intel South Asia Managing Director Debjani ghosh said the tablet is evolving and people are expecting more and this is crucial for a country like India where it could be the first device for computing for many people. Let us take a look at the features of the Dell Venue tablet series one by one!

Dell Venue 7 and Venue 8 tablet which is priced at Rs 10,999 and Rs. 17,499 respectively is powered by the 2 GHz Intel Atom Z2560 and Z2580 Dual Core processors. Both the tablets feature 2GB RAM and a HD screen with 1280x800 pixel resolution display. The Dell Venue 7 has a 16 GB hard drive whereas the the Venue 8 has 12 and 32 GB variants. Taking a look at the camera on the tablets - the Venue 7 rear camera is 3 megapixel and the front one is an integrated VGA. Whereas for the Dell Venue 8 tablet, there's a 5 megapixel one on the rear and a 2 megapixel one on the front.

dell-venue-7 dell-venue-8
Dell Venue 7 and Dell Venue 8
Coming to the Dell Venue 8 Pro features an Intel Atom Quad Core processor. The 8-inch screen has a resolution of 1280x800 pixels, 2 GB internal memory, two hard drive variants - 32 GB and 64 GB variants. On the front, there's a 1.2 megapixel camera and a 5 megapixel rear camera. The Dell Venue 8 Pro tablet has been priced at Rs 26,499. All the tablets will come with 24x7 support, accidental damage coverage and advance exchange warranty.

dell-venue-8-pro
On the connectivity front, tablets feature Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1 and MicroUSB 2.0 port. An integrated 4100 mAh battery runs the tablets. The Dell Venue 11 Pro tablet features a 10.8 inches IPS LCD touch screen with 1920x 1080 pixel resolution. Powered by the 2.4 GHz Intel Bay Trail processor, the Venue 11 Pro tablet has a rear camera that is 8 megapixel one whereas the front one is a 2 megapixel. A 5130 mAh battery runs this tablet. That's pretty much everything we know about the tablets right now.

How do you like the features, specs and price of the all-new Dell Venue tablets in India? Share your thoughts with us in comments below.​

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are the official videos about Dell Venue 7 and Venue 8 -

as well as for Dell Venue 8 Pro -

Is it possible for Dell to give competition to Samsung and Apple?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The official price in India for Dell Venue 7 and 8 tablets are out.
    The Dell Venue 7 (WiFi) is available for Rs. 11,999 whereas its Dell Venue 7 (3G with voice calling) is priced at Rs. 14,999.

On the other hand, the Dell Venue 8 (WiFi) is available at Rs. 12,999, whereas the 3G and voice-calling variant if priced at Rs. 18,999.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    My thumbs up for the Nexus 9. Not even comparable to it. That seems more promising than the Dell 7 and 8.

What do you think #-Link-Snipped-# ?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think I might've to disagree. If you compare the specs for Dell Venue 8 and Nexus 9, you will find that they are almost the same. However, Nexus 9 is priced a lot higher than Venue 8.

Plus for Venue 8 7000 -
    1. Higher screen resolution (1600 x 2560 pixels, 359 ppi)
    2. Quad Core processor
    3. Better front facing camera.

Check specs by specs comparison here: #-Link-Snipped-#

It all comes down to which brand you trust and would rather opt.
  • Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Gollapinni Karthik Sharma
    Yeah I agree with you but even though its dual core it is 64 bit. And the battery is more compared to Dell.
    Although it lacks storage expansion.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello everyone I am currently in final year of B.Tech and want to pursue the DESD from acts pune. I want to do we have any specific course material or...
Samsung's Galaxy S5 is already making it to the rumor treadmill with the technological advances it's going to offer. The leaks so far include a new kind of fast charging...
Name:Sneha *Engineering Trade: Electronics and Communication Location: Dhule *Occupation: (Student|Working|Self-Employed|Unemployed): Student Work Experience: (if applicable):---- *Hobbies & Interests: Playing chess, Reading books *Aim in life: (if applicable ): *I joined...
hello friends, i got this idea from a movie that when there is any place where no one entered and we wants to know how's the design or structure of...
i am a student of fourth year CSE and i need to a project that can be completed in 2.5 months. I know C,C++, java. please suggest me some ideas.