Dell Inspiron 15z Price In India Is Rs. 42,000 - Who's Buying It?

Dell has launched the brand new addition to their Inspiron series, called "Dell Inspiron 15z" in India. The price of the machine is Rs. 42,000 for which you will get an LED (backlit) 'touch' display along with choice of Intel i3-i7 CPU and choice of RAM from 4-8 GB.

For video conferencing, the 15z offers a front 1MP camera. In addition, you will also get DVD drive, USB 3.0 and 8-in-1 card reader. The laptop weighs about 2.5 kg which makes it a little heavy to carry around.

I've often wondered why the laptop makers included a dedicated memory card reader slot in the machines. Isn't it quite easy to transfer the photos directly via a USB cord?

For Rs. 42k, the price of Dell Inspiron 15z seems to be on the 'higher' side to me. What's your take? Dell should start offering their machines without the operating systems so that users can setup uBuntu or other operating systems of their choice.

Dell-Inspiron-15z

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Actually they do. I bought the laptop of same series with ubuntu (came with the laptop) which was 6K cheaper than its windows variant. The configuration was exactly same. My laptop is going pretty well except I agree its kinda heavy and battery is pathetic (like 4 hours), but coming to performance, its awesome, which was my requirement.

Not to mention, its pretty silent and the fan doesn't even run when doing normal stuffs. Only when I play games or start some real application, it gets a little hot, otherwise, it doesn't get hot at all. This is really a great thing as I've seen people having laptop which are extremely noisy and gets heated even if nothing significant is going on.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Samsung has sent out invitation to leading media publications in India for their unveiling event on February 14th. Samsung promises to announce a new phone in India on the occasion...
hay! my name is solomen abhishek i am from bangalore
BBC has launched sports mobile app for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad platforms. The app is completely free and will deliver BBC's expert coverage of news, live sports scores, stats...
During November 2013, Mark shuttleworth announced Ubuntu phones but never disclosed the specific date of release.Most critics predicted around 14.04 launch i.e. April 2014,but recently hardly a month ago Mark...
i am working on miniature model of steam power plant for laboratory purpose, so that students will get an idea about how actually steam power plant works.But it's becoming very...