Dell adapts mainstream media for niche events

Many organisations are leveraging Social Media to create outreach to the general public for niche events these days. There usually has been a disconnect with the masses at large for such events especially if the events focus on cloud computing and storage servers- Storage Forum India.

Dell has come out with a new campaign #-Link-Snipped-# where it is offering to give away its recently released Ultrabook XPS 13 and Smartphones in a contest which users can easily create an account and share its content on various social media handles.

Besides from using social media in regulars promotion which is being seen as a tidal wave of sorts, many companies are using traditional measure to promote such 'non-mainstream' events.

Do you think this is an interesting way of approaching event marketing?

More importantly, would YOU as a regular user would participate?

Feedback appreciated 😀

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# What kind of traditional measures are these companies adopting?
    I personally find social media services like Facebook RSVP events incapable of reaching out to the masses.
  • Rajivdh
    Rajivdh
    Well if you look at it from a current standpoint, Social Media HAS become a traditional measure(for mass marketing at least). What these companies(e.g.- Dell: above) are trying to do is use these platforms to create outreach to the masses for subject matter/events that do not have mass appeal.
  • Rajivdh
    Rajivdh
    They also are taking in registrations for the live streaming of the event apparently here: #-Link-Snipped-# .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : How about not promoting Dell's website here? If Dell wants to promote their site, they should it through the 'legal' ways, yeah? Ask them to get in touch with us for advertising opportunities.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi ! I am from India, Bachelor in Electronics and Communication Engineering and Master in Business Administration. In addition, I also completed certificate courses – Webmaster and Microprocessor Based System...
Can anyone help me find a supplier of 3mm AF Ball End Hex Keys in Long Series? I need a cheap supplier of batches of 1000 at a time
I am mechanical engineer by profession and working in power plant designing field and having more than 5 years experience in the industry. Presently i am working with Toshiba India...
Hi! This is Tanjina. I'm a student of Mechanical Engineering from Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh. I've joined here to learn and be a real Engineer..
Data integrity is one of the most critical aspects of any database system. It is important that the data adhere to predefined set of rules, as determined by database administrator,...