Decreasing the speed of R/C car

Guys i am using a ready made R/C car for my project and the project needs a slow moving car or something like that.But the R/C moves so rapidly that its not meeting our requirement.

Can anyone suggest me a method to reduce the speed?As the car is a readymade one so would it be required to modify its circuit ??

Replies

• Lock-Os
    Lock-Os
    Well, several ideas come to mind, depends on what materials are at your disposal.

1) Switch out the power source with a smaller one.

2) Use pulleys or gears to reduce the speed and increase torque.

3) Maybe try to add a few resistors in the motor circuit to reduce the current going though the motors.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello Freshers, I have recieved few resumes and after going through , I would share these points with you You might be already having varied copies of resumes with you....
Hello, I'm doing a project at the minute, but because i've limited technical knowledge i'm stumped. Basically what i want to do is to link an ordinary satnav with a...
I'm looking for a solution for a single-pole switch(similar to a home light-switch) that can be turned off from 50'. There will be line of site. The device to be...
CEans, I admit, I had expected layoffs at Jet & Kingfisher, but not to the extent of 1900 employees in single day and another about 1100 employees tomorrow. This, probably,...
7 3 8 8 1 0 2 7 4 4 4 5 2 6 5 (Figure 1)Figure 1 shows a number triangle. Write a program that calculates the highest sum...