Decoupling vs bypass capacitor

Hello,
Can anybody explain?
What is decoupling capacitor and where is it to be used?
What is bypass capacitor and where is it to be used?

Please also refer any study materials regarding this.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• bhushanb
    bhushanb
    hey hi
    the coupling capacitor is capacitor joining the two stages of the amplifire
    & the bypass capacitor is capacitor wich bypasses the emmiter trough ground point

ok .................
  • Munguti
    Munguti
    The coupling capacitor prevents DC from one amplifier stage from reaching the next amplifier stage so that the bias point for the subsequent stage is not affected.

The bypass capacitor provides a short circuit at the ac operating frequency of the amplifier for the ac signals so that the emitter bias resistor does not affect the ac signal being amplified.
  • bhushanb
    bhushanb
    Munguti
    The coupling capacitor prevents DC from one amplifier stage from reaching the next amplifier stage so that the bias point for the subsequent stage is not affected.

The bypass capacitor provides a short circuit at the ac operating frequency of the amplifier for the ac signals so that the emitter bias resistor does not affect the ac signal being amplified.
    hi nice explanation..........
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    De-coupling capacitors are used in near a power supply i.e.for Hf/Lf filteration purposes.
    Bypass capacitor bypasses the unwanted signals(noise) to ground.
  • bhushanb
    bhushanb
    swapnakumar
    De-coupling capacitors are used in near a power supply i.e.for Hf/Lf filteration purposes.
    Bypass capacitor bypasses the unwanted signals(noise) to ground.
    Hello Miss
    actually the decoupling capacitor means to decouple the two stages of the amplifired and also it act as the isolation capacitor,
    AnD bypass capacitor wich bypass the emitter terminal to ther ground in power amplifire, its function is to bypass the noisy signal to ground .... thats it.
  • swapnakumar
    swapnakumar
    hello bhushanb,
    i design circuits i dont know about you but near the powerupply we do require a de-cap as i explained.this is for your info do not argue i dont know your experience in designing but i do have sufficient knowhow on what and where it can be used!!!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I am trying to set up my computer as a server so that i can access it from my phone. The type of connection i want to use is...
hi, I want to read from and write in an EDID memory of a display monitor. In fact, the EDID is used to describe the sink capabilities (sink supported resolutions,...
I want to make a simulation game.Have a decent idea of graphics and programming.But dunno how to really go forward with this.
hey everyone!!! My group has selected 'NOISE REDUCTION IN IMAGES USING FUZZY LOGIC' as our BE project but we do not know much about it.It is based on some implementation...
Education can produce many comical situations. I can't resist asking the question of why there are so many threads that go along the lines of: 😔 I'm doing a senior...