decoding a game need help

hi
i want to decode a data(DAT) file of the game to see the source code of the game to fix it glitches and bug please help is there any kind of software to see the source code

thank youπŸ˜€

Replies

• SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    I think it is not possible to see the source code of a software due to encryption,morphing or code obfuscation.This is about the source code.The game DAT file not only contains the source code but also contains media files,and other game specific files.They build a single file for copyright and privacy issues as well as avoiding file system conflicts and performance increse.Normally they put encryption or some sort of security mechanism on it therefore they can be accessed only through games and only by games.The process of converting all files into a single file is called "Resource file building" and the softwares are known as building softwares.I have given you the idea about what the process is.Do search on whether the reverse softwares are available or what?Also post it here.πŸ˜€
  • moizkolsawala
    moizkolsawala
    ha! thanks for the reply

that a good answer but i have tried to disable the verification log that contain input as well as output log
    so but due to file manipulation the game directory is damage so i have posted here
    is there any way to disable the verification log made by programmers!😭

thank for reply😭
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Try using HexReader for checking. You might get many stuffs as in binary... But make sure to make a backup before you edit... πŸ˜€
  • SheldonCooper
    SheldonCooper
    You will find hex editor in 'Cheatbook Database' Application too.People normally use it for editing hex codes.Sometimes works as god mode or cheats for some games.But there you have to know what you are searching.Otherwise you will find just mess there.
    Yeah, for eg., the scores are stored in Hex form... πŸ˜€ Most of the games do it....
  • moizkolsawala
    moizkolsawala
    i have tried hex editor for the first time when i started but i want to edit bugs of games so i need proper code so please help me πŸ˜” i will so you which problem i encounter in editing i have used decomplier but it says that it packed or encrypted so what i should do i have also tried universal extractor and dragon unpack-er for this but it also says some kind of string error what should i do know😑
    Get the source code buddy... πŸ˜€
  • moizkolsawala
    moizkolsawala
    hi
    how to get the source code plz tell praveen
    Depends on the game ya... Some games are kinda Open Source... They give the source code in their binary forms and some are partially encrypted... πŸ˜” Games like Ravage give their source codes for a price... BTW, Ravage game is awesome... πŸ˜›
  • moizkolsawala
    moizkolsawala
    hi
    i want to decode the game call empire earth what should i do nowπŸ˜€
    Dude, that's a big game!!! 😲
  • moizkolsawala
    moizkolsawala
    hi
    that why i want to get help from others any suggestion will be appreciable

😭

:πŸ˜”

You can better ask this in a Gaming forum rather than here na?
  • hexreader
    hexreader
    moizkolsawala
    hi
    that why i want to get help from others any suggestion will be appreciable
    Seems to me that you could spend half of your life trying to decode a game that belongs to someone else.

Wouldn't the time and effort be better spent writing your own, original game?

It would certainly be more satisfying.

I really cannot imagine that anyone else will want to help you with such a long, arduous and unrewarding task.

Just my thoughts...... take them or leave them.
    HexReader is right... That code is done by someone out of his Hard Work and stuff. So, it would never be easy to steal things easier right??? 😐

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hey friends, i need some new ideas related to Electrical and electronics group for my mini project i have some but we can't make them possible with this technology so...
Engineers please guide me about "discharge measurement and common errors in discharge measurement"
I'm curious to know whether it's worth doing MS in India? The current trend is to go to a foreign country for MS courses in advance engineering disciplines? If yes,...
My question i would like to bring up is, how has Dark Matter been proven to be a mass? As of right now we cannot detect it because it doesn't...
Friends, I am using MS word 2007 version. Whenever we type some word and if it is not available with dictionary, we can always say "Add to dictionary" Isn't it?...