Debate:Women reservation in politics

Here starting an interesting debate. The topic of this debate is -

"Women reservation in politics"

Speak for or against....explode ur ideas and views...

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    I don't believe in reservation of any kind. A person male or female of every caste and religion has equal rights. Reservation kills competition. To make a diamond the carbon has to go through intense heat and pressure. If you lower the intensity, you only get some coal.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    pallavi agarwal
    Here starting an interesting debate. The topic of this debate is -

"Women reservation in politics"

Speak for or against....explode ur ideas and views...
    The subject is limited to politics in India. The reservation system, to the best of my knowledge, exists only in India.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The_Big_K
    The subject is limited to politics in India. The reservation system, to the best of my knowledge, exists only in India.
    But here you are wrong biggie. Reservation occurs in other countries too. eg. There was a debate in South Africa about a few places in the national cricket being reserved for native South Africans a few years ago.
    Reservation is a tactic by politicians to divide the people. Many think that it is good as it is for the minority or for the upliftment of the oppressed class. But it is not. They divide us so that they can rule.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    raj87verma88
    I don't believe in reservation of any kind. A person male or female of every caste and religion has equal rights. Reservation kills competition. To make a diamond the carbon has to go through intense heat and pressure. If you lower the intensity, you only get some coal.
    I go with you Raj ,There should be no reservations for any one in any field then we will grow better 😎
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    This reservation is the best and successful weapon in politics.
    Here in india its started from 1947 and there is no end of this because of vote bank.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Well reservations should be there were it is needed,in politics it surely should exist as it will help weaker section,women here,to have their say and support their cause,similarly other sections will also become aware of thier problems and benifits they will have if they pass a particular bill!!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    well, I agree that there should be some kind of reservation if all the parties considered are not of equal strength. If you think women are weak, then give them reservation by all means.. But I dont think they are weak.
    Besides, whenever it comes to reservation, a definite time frame must be fixed as to when the reservation must cease to exist and that must be met.
    ie, the so called weaker party must be strengthened within that timeframe, so tht there wont be any need for reservation. That's the way to go!!
  • Differential
    Differential
    RESERVATION has eaten the future of our country. Period.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    reservations are demanded everywere which is not good for our country,weaker i address to numbers,if quite a handfull women or backward classes memebers are there,they will be never be heard!!!
  • hai itz me
    hai itz me
    according to me reservation is not necessary becoz its degrading one kind of people and uplifting others
    ALL ARE EQUAL
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    define equality???? and can you make a urchin sit alongside you in a restaurant????
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I'm afraid equality is sometimes subjective.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    correction its more situational,if you are equal,then you should practise equality always!!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    is this the same as a quota system?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yes, reservation is almost the same as quota system.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    reservation system has its advantages too!!
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Reservation system gives advantages for those who avail those reservations. Think of those who have their chances cut down because something is reserved for some other persons.. What is the advantage here for them?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Many for them who dont avail them,like in reservation particular section can stake claim on reserved seats only if they dont get than that seats are passed on to unreserved section,if criteria is respected than most of the reserved seats are not filled .eg.IIT's they are very tough in selection of candidates!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    In my experience quota systems only promote inequality. The best qualified individual(regardless of who or what they are) should always be given the position.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    I dont believe in all these reservations..If someone is capable they can scale any greater heights without others influence..

In the name of Reservation,I would say that here in India people are trying to prove that WOMEN still belong to the WEAKER SECTION OF THE SOCIETY..People are forgetting the fact that Women are equal to men and they are outperforming their counterparts in all sectors or fields..

If you want something,you compete,perform and get it..There is no point in just grabbing a thing saying that its mine without giving a tough fight..Women have already proved that they are good at politics too..
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    There is a quota/benefit system in Malaysia, to help some races to have an equal footing until things balances out. So, that might sound like a paradox, but it does help.

Sometimes you need to force things to be in equilibrium, or else they will never be. Just like in economics, how monopolies are penalized for using insurmountable barriers of entries. It took the law to help others in the market compete fairly.

Also, just look at your daily life. Student/Senior citizen discounts, tax discounts for diesel users, special lanes for buses and pedestrians, etc. The essence is to provide equality in accessibility, but not necessarily equality in the "method" of doing so.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello ,,, well i'm a 1st year student in electrical & electronic engineer its my 2nd quarter now , i had a class that i should do measurment on amplimo...
After creating a webpage including options to turn devices ON/OFF, let say using HTML and JAVA. What do I use as an interface between the internet and the actual computer...
i m a 4th semester mechanical engineering student.wanted to do internship during jun-july-2009.can you please help out in finding a suitable comapny...???I am frm Hyderabad and want internship anywhere in...
Can we use pf correction equipment in home. If so how.... please share your ideas.............
We have heard of exciting current in electrical machines like transformers, alternators. What is actually this exciting current..........