DC Avanti Engine Specifications: India's First Sports Car

Dilip Chhabria's DC Design has come up with a brand new, India's first sports car design and it's called 'Avanti'. I searched online a bit to find out the engine specifications of the car, they are as below -

Engine Type
  • 2.0L Four Cylinder
  • Max. Power: 240 BHP @ 5500 RPM
  • Max. Torque: 270lb/ft @3500 RPM
  • Transmission: MMT6 6speed
  • Turbocharged engine + direct injection
  • VVT DOHC 4 valves per cylinder
Chassis

• Tubular space frame
  • Jig built
  • TIG welded
Suspension
  • Unequal length double wishbones
  • Coil cover shock absorbers
Steering and Brakes
  • Rack and pinion
  • 330 mm ventilated discs (Front and Rear) AP racing calipers Wheels
  • Front rim size - 8.5J-19
  • Tyres - 255/35 19” x 8.5 J
  • Track - 1680 mm
  • Rear Rim size - 11J-19
  • Tyres - 295/30 19” x 11 J
  • Track - 1660 mm
Car Dimensions
  • Wheelbase - 2700 mm
  • Length - 4623 mm
  • Width - 1967 mm
  • Height - 1213 mm
  • Front Over hang - 993 mm
  • Rear Over hang - 930 mm
  • Ground clearance - 155 mm
  • Dry kerb weight - 1562 kgs
Source: #-Link-Snipped-#
avanti

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    It looks really good. The body is very Aerodynamic.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Designer
    It looks really good. The body is very Aerodynamic.
    Yep. +1 for the looks. However, the engine does not look very impressive to me. Does anyone have information on the tires used in the car? They look totally cool!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Believe me, I will not bet on this car. Does not appear to be so impressive to me as far as the technical specifications are concerned. Many other car models <not specifying intentionally> are even better. But yes, the looks are good!

Let us say Happy Republic day to this super car . ☕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Believe me, I will not bet on this car. Does not appear to be so impressive to me as far as the technical specifications are concerned. Many other car models <not specifying intentionally> are even better. But yes, the looks are good!

Let us say Happy Republic day to this super car . ☕
    Yep, the engine isn't impressive. But the looks are! If I ever buy this car (I'm not rich), I'd buy it for the looks and then fit it with a Tata Indigo Diesel engine 😛
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    The_Big_K
    Yep, the engine isn't impressive. But the looks are! If I ever buy this car (I'm not rich), I'd buy it for the looks and then fit it with a Tata Indigo Diesel engine 😛
    Waiting for it.

P.S: You are talking like being caffeinated. Cheers! ☕
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Is the engine at the back like the porche carrera? Its my dream car 👍
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CE Designer
    Is the engine at the back like the porche carrera? Its my dream car 👍
    Spider used to be my favorite. I'm still trying to dig more (and hopefully correct specifications). Does anyone know what are the exact engine specs? Maybe we should invite DC Design team here on CE.

Found this launch video on YouTube -

• vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    The_Big_K
    Yep. +1 for the looks. However, the engine does not look very impressive to me. Does anyone have information on the tires used in the car? They look totally cool!
    Hi The_Big_K
    See still there is no detail about its Tyre or more detail of specification known in the market but one thing I would like to know that why you fell that its engine is not impressive see as this car is designed for the Indian roads and price is also according to that so I think engine is ok.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    vikaskumar11233
    Hi The_Big_K
    See still there is no detail about its Tyre or more detail of specification known in the market but one thing I would like to know that why you fell that its engine is not impressive see as this car is designed for the Indian roads and price is also according to that so I think engine is ok.
    I am confused what more information about tyres do Big_K and you want.
    Everything is already mentioned in post #1.

• 330 mm ventilated discs (Front and Rear) AP racing calipers Wheels
    • Front rim size - 8.5J-19
    • Tyres - 255/35 19” x 8.5 J
    • Track - 1680 mm
    • Rear Rim size - 11J-19
    • Tyres - 295/30 19” x 11 J
    • Track - 1660 mm
  • honeyclarck
    honeyclarck
    Great work done.Keep it up with same passion. It's the passion and love for engineering that will make you successful in life.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I guess I am in the minority then, I think it is really ugly. Looks like they raided the parts bins of several manufactures. With the later Honda motor it should at least have some performance, unlike the initial Ford motor. It's also quite heavy too.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hey gohm
    This is the first super car design by Indian and the most cheapest car in super car section, so it would be wrong if you compare it with Honda or any other brand.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you ever wanted to make free phone calls to Indian mobile phones, your dreams have come true. Enter freephoo - the app has been launched in India today. The...
There is a growing concern that AI may be a threat to jobs. The evidence seems overwhelming that artificial intelligence (AI)—including machine-learning, language-translation, and speech- and pattern-recognition software-is rendering jobs...
No. There is no violation of the First Law. The pedestrian may have to eat one more mouthful for the work done. However, Pavegen Tiles have shown a practical way...
Hai Everyone, I am B.E (ECE) final year student and searching for an embedded project which must be based on Fuzzy logic using Matlab or Labview software.Please can anyone help...
Techno Trata 12 is a technical festival organized by SRK Institute of Technology, Vijayawada. "As technology advances, it reverses the characteristics of every situation again and again." With technology enabling...