Database connectivity using C/C++ Tutorial!!!

Hi CEans,

I thought of putting this tutorial here in CE, so that it would be useful for other CEans!! Some of you out there would have never heard of this too, "Connecting Database with C++ program???" right, anyways no prob's CE is here to help you out 😉(and enlighten you!!! )

SO here is the Tutorial for making your C++ program to communicate with what ever database you want..... (ie., Oracle, Sybase, MySQL etc....)
The Tutorial is broken down from the very basics,

Before starting the Tutorial I would like to introduce you the following:

-> Compiler: Code::Blocks IDE with MinGW compiler Download Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

The reason behind choosing this compiler is simple, Code::Blocks is a cross compiler (It can run on any platform like windows, Linux and Mac and hence called as a cross compiler😁) And it is Free to download. This IDE is specially designed for C and C++ and easy to use.

-> API: We are going to use SQLAPI++ Download Link: Download | SQLAPI++

SQLAPI++ is a API ( Application Programming Interface) designed specially for C++ database communication(Nothing but a set of header files), This is the Key for communicating with the database, you have other methods also like Pro*C (comes along with your ORACLE) and other methods too, but I choose this SQLAPI++ because it is easy and makes your work simple (smart way in other terms).

-> OCCI: Oracle C++ Call Interface Download Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

OCCI is an interface defined by the database company ORACLE that defines for the C++ programmer a comfortable interface to access the ORACLE database with classes using parameters that are reminiscent of SQL statements. The interface exists for ORACLE 9i and ORACLE 10g. OCCI comes along with your ORACLE but still If you guys don't have it, you can download it from the above link (NOTE: You have to be a member to download that file, Its simple just fill in a forum and you are a member!!!)

Download and install the above three (If you dont have), Now we are almost ready to start,

Prior Thing to be done before starting:

-> Open the code::blocks IDE and go to or click on settings -> compiler and debugger settings (You will now see global compiler settings)

-> Now click on “Linker settings” in the linker settings click on ADD button and add the following

If your using windows OS :
[B]
   C:\SQLAPI\lib\libsqlapiddll.a  
   C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libuser32.a
   C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libversion.a
   C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\liboleaut32.a
   C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libole32.a[/B]
These will be found in your SQLAPI++ (If you have not extracted in C: drive then select the appropriate location and add the mentioned files to linker settings)

If you using Linux OS:
[B]
  /home/anandakumar/Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.so
  /home/anandakumar/Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.a
  /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so[/B]
And similarly for MAC OS,

For those of you who are wondering why we are including these files (library files), Its to Link the C/C++ Program with the SQLAPI++.

Now we are ready to Go guys......

First simple Program:

This program illustrates you how to connect and Disconnect from Database:
[B]#include   // for printf
#include  // main SQLAPI++ header
int main(int argc, char* argv[])
{
    SAConnection con; // create connection object
      try
    {
        // connect to database
        // in this example it is Oracle,
        // but can also be Sybase, Informix, DB2
        // SQLServer, InterBase, SQLBase and ODBC
        con.Connect(
            "arvind",     // database name
            "slashfear",   // user name
            "Crazy Engineers",   // password
            SA_Oracle_Client);    //client name
        printf("We are connected!\n");
        // Disconnect is optional
        // autodisconnect will ocur in destructor if needed
        con.Disconnect();
        printf("We are disconnected!\n");
    }
    catch(SAException &x)
    {
        // SAConnection::Rollback()
        // can also throw an exception
        // (if a network error for example),
        // we will be ready
        try
        {
            // on error rollback changes
            con.Rollback();
        }
        catch(SAException &)
        {
        }
        // print error message
        printf("%s\n", (const char*)x.ErrText());
    }
     return 0;
}

[/B]
The output of the program is simple as shown below,

OutPut:

We are Connected!
We are Disconnected!
Examining the above Code:

#include
- main header, should be used whenever SQLAPI++ is used.

SAConnection con
- To connect to a database you should create a connection object and then connect it., here con is the connection object

con.Connect( "arvind", "slashfear", "Crazy Engineers", SA_Oracle_Client); - This syntax is used for establishing connection with the database. Here the first value is the name of the database (DNS name), the second value is the user name and the third user name is the password. Then the SA_Oracle_Client is the client name we are going to use (In our example its oracle )

con.Disconnect – This syntax is used for disconnecting from the database.

Simple isn't it ;-)!!! That's It we are now able to successfully connected and disconnected from the DATABASE, Now to go one step further..... That's how to execute a SQL query like creating a table and inserting values in the table. This is covered in the next Post.... stay connected;-)

-Arvind(slashfear)

Replies

• slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Guys,

Ok Now that we know how to Connect and Disconnect from a Database,

Lets now move on with the execution of the query's, (All the example's are for ORACLE database, for other database use the appropriate query's 😛)

First lets look into Creating a table (assuming that you have little knowledge in SQL query's :smile😀:

For creating a table, we use the following query:
    [B]create table arvind (id number, name varchar(10));[/B]

So how to execute this from your C++ program, It is done as follows:

First establish the connection to the database then, after your con.connect; method you should use cmd.setCommandText method to pass the query's to Database, it is as shown below:
    [B]con.Connect("arvind", "slashfear", "Crazy Engineers", SA_Oracle_Client); 
    cmd.setCommandText("create table arvind (id number, name varchar(10));");
    [/B]
    And then to Execute the query we have to use the following command:
    [B]cmd.Execute();[/B]

SO your Final code will look like this:
    [B]
    con.Connect("arvind", "slashfear", "Crazy Engineers", SA_Oracle_Client); 
    cmd.Execute();[/B]

SO this query will create a table named arvind with two column id and name. Similarly we can use the cmd.SetCommandText to execute any SQL query

The following example shows how to create a table and insert five values into the created table in a single program:
    [B]
    #include   // for printf
    {
        SAConnection con; // connection object
        SACommand cmd;    // create command object
        try
        {
            // connect to database (Oracle in our example)
            con.Connect("arvind", "slashfear", "Crazy Engineers", SA_Oracle_Client); 
            // associate a command with connection connection can also be specified in SACommand constructor
            cmd.setConnection(&con);
            // create table
            cmd.Execute();
            // insert value
            cmd.setCommandText(
                "Insert into arvind values (1, "Bigie")");
        cmd.setCommandText(
                "Insert into arvind values (2, "ES")");
        cmd.setCommandText(
                "Insert into arvind values (3, "shalini")");
        cmd.setCommandText(
                "Insert into arvind values (4, "godfather")");
        cmd.setCommandText(
                "Insert into arvind values (5, "slashfear")");        

cmd.Execute();
            // commit changes on success
            con.Commit();
            printf("Table created, row inserted!\n");
        }
        catch(SAException &x)
        {
            // SAConnection::Rollback() can also throw an exception (if a network error for example),
            // we will be ready
            try
            {
                con.Rollback();
            }
            catch(SAException &)
            {
            }
            // print error message
        } 
        return 0;
    }   [/B]

As we know Oracle is not auto committed so, we have to commit it!! (committing is nothing but making permanent reflection of data's in the Database, so for doing that we have to use the following command,
    [B]con.Commit();[/B]

and similarly we can roll back the transactions when an exception occurs, so to do that we use,
    [B]con.Rollback();[/B]

For deleting a row we use this command,
    [B]cmd.setCommandText("delete from arvind where id= 5");[/B]

And you can execute any query like stored procedures, triggers what ever you want from C++ programs....

So guys we are done with the Tutorial!!! and If you have any doubts or questions feel free to post it across.......;-)

By the way Thanks for reading!!! 😁

-Arvind(slashfear)
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi guys,

You will have demo programs along with the SQLAPI++ setup file, like how to use BLOB etc.... Make sure you go through them too!!!;-)

-Arvind(slashfear)
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    Its good to see a article on a topic that many C/C++ programmer usually does not know about. Thanks for writing this article Slashfear.

slashfear
    For those of you who are wondering why we are including these files, Its to recognize the header files and methods we are going to use in the program (To make it simple, we include them so that we can use the methods defined in those files)
    These files are the library files and and not the headers. We need to mention these files so that after compilation, the code where the SQLAPI++ API's are called can be linked with the actual executable code. Correct me if i am wrong.

slashfear
    If you have any doubts or questions feel free to post it across.......
    An interesting item to see here with be:
    1. When is set some 'select' query as the command and execute, in what form do i get the result and how do i display each entry.
    2. Does the API's always throw exception in case of error or do they return some error codes in specific cases? If it support error codes than could you please list done some of the common codes that may be regularly used.

-Pradeep
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Pradeep,

These files are the library files and and not the headers. We need to mention these files so that after compilation, the code where the SQLAPI++ API's are called can be linked with the actual executable code. Correct me if i am wrong.
    I dint mention that those files are header files !!!! I just mentioned that those files (Library files) should be included so that, the header files (like #includeand methods (like cmd.Execute, SA_connection) can be recognized by the compiler. I dint mention it as Header file buddy.....😉

-Arvind(slashfear)
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    An interesting item to see here with be:
    1. When is set some 'select' query as the command and execute, in what form do i get the result and how do i display each entry.
    2. Does the API's always throw exception in case of error or do they return some error codes in specific cases? If it support error codes than could you please list done some of the common codes that may be regularly used.

-Pradeep
    Hi Again buddy,

Regarding your doubts......

1) You will Get the output in the console as you get output for all C/C++ Programs

2) Yes the Exception handling mechanism is allowed in SQLAPI++ , The errors which occur in the database will be captured by your exception handling mechanism (that's through try , catch block) and would be displayed in the console if something goes wrong.

catch(SAException &x)
    {
    // SAConnection::Rollback() can also throw an exception (if a network error for example),
    // we will be ready
    try
    {
    con.Rollback();
    }
    catch(SAException &)
    {
    }
    // print error message
    }

The above code is used to handle Exceptions, and this code as shown below:
      [I][FONT=Book Antiqua, serif]printf("%s\n", (const char*)x.ErrText());[/FONT][/I]

is used to catch and display the error......

Hope your doubt is cleared......😉 , if you got any more doubts ask dude!!!

-Arvind(slashfear)
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    slashfear
    I just mentioned that those files (Library files) should be included so that, the header files (like #include and methods (like cmd.Execute, SA_connection) can be recognized by the compiler.
    That's what my point is, why you need to include the lib files for recognizing header files?

You are specifying command "#include" and if the compiler gets the corresponding file in path, it will include it or will throw an error.

And you don't need lib files to recognize the methods, they are checked against the definition present in the header file you have specified.

The lib files are required to link your code with the SQL API code present in the lib.

-Pradeep
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    slashfear
    You will Get the output in the console as you get output for all C/C++ Programs
    Is there some way through which i can get the output of select query in some object instead of command line?

slashfear
    Yes the Exception handling mechanism is allowed in SQLAPI++
    From the examples you had given earlier i got that it throws exceptions. My query was instead of throwing exceptions, are there any cases where the API's return some error code?

-Pradeep
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    pradeep_agrawal
    That was my point, why you need to include specify the lib files for recognizing header files?

You are specifying command "#include" and if the compiler gets the corresponding file in path, it will include it or will throw an error.

And you don't need lib files to recognize the methods, they are checked against the definition present in the header file you have specified.

The lib files are required to link your code with the SQL API code present in the lib.

-Pradeep

Exactly methods are checked in your header files and then Library are used to link the program to SQLAPI++ dude !!!

Thanks I will change it !!!

-Arvind(slashfear)
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Pradeep,

1) I have Not experimented it still but you can try and Let me know (I will also try that😉)

2) It would throw exceptions for sure !!!

-Arvind(slashfear)
  • SzuwarJr
    SzuwarJr
    Hi,
    Nice tutorial...
    I have to do application in Visual Studio 2008...
    Do You know what I have to do???

I have also another questions:
    1. Why "main" have parameters, what it represents???
    2. If "try" and "catch" mandotory???
    3. Can i write just:
    void main()
    {
    SAConnection con;
    con.Connect("whatever");
    con.Disconnect();
    }

PS: Application in CodeBlocks works fine...
    PS2: sorry for my english... xD

EDIT: I already solve this problem... xD
  • HEART-HACKER
    HEART-HACKER
    Can you explain same thing about C# and SQL connectivity ?
  • CEMember
    CEMember
    HEART-HACKER
    Can you explain same thing about C# and SQL connectivity ?
    Hi HEART-HACKER

Not sure about him whether he can explain or not but by that time you can check MSDN's site. There is lot of related stuff for you. An example is #-Link-Snipped-#

@Mods Please check if any illegal link shared.

Thanks !
  • golucki
    golucki
    Hi,

Can you please explain how i can use SQLAPI++ to connect to sql compact edition 3.5 database. With SQL CE database file, the file has a password, we do not have any user name as such.

Thanks,
    Ganesh

slashfear
    Hi CEans,

I thought of putting this tutorial here in CE, so that it would be useful for other CEans!! Some of you out there would have never heard of this too, "Connecting Database with C++ program???" right, anyways no prob's CE is here to help you out 😉(and enlighten you!!! )

SO here is the Tutorial for making your C++ program to communicate with what ever database you want..... (ie., Oracle, Sybase, MySQL etc....)
    The Tutorial is broken down from the very basics,

Before starting the Tutorial I would like to introduce you the following:

-> Compiler: Code::Blocks IDE with MinGW compiler Download Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

The reason behind choosing this compiler is simple, Code::Blocks is a cross compiler (It can run on any platform like windows, Linux and Mac and hence called as a cross compiler😁) And it is Free to download. This IDE is specially designed for C and C++ and easy to use.

-> API: We are going to use SQLAPI++ Download Link: Download | SQLAPI++

SQLAPI++ is a API ( Application Programming Interface) designed specially for C++ database communication(Nothing but a set of header files), This is the Key for communicating with the database, you have other methods also like Pro*C (comes along with your ORACLE) and other methods too, but I choose this SQLAPI++ because it is easy and makes your work simple (smart way in other terms).

-> OCCI: Oracle C++ Call Interface Download Link: #-Link-Snipped-#

OCCI is an interface defined by the database company ORACLE that defines for the C++ programmer a comfortable interface to access the ORACLE database with classes using parameters that are reminiscent of SQL statements. The interface exists for ORACLE 9i and ORACLE 10g. OCCI comes along with your ORACLE but still If you guys don't have it, you can download it from the above link (NOTE: You have to be a member to download that file, Its simple just fill in a forum and you are a member!!!)

Download and install the above three (If you dont have), Now we are almost ready to start,

Prior Thing to be done before starting:

-> Open the code::blocks IDE and go to or click on settings -> compiler and debugger settings (You will now see global compiler settings)

-> Now click on “Linker settings” in the linker settings click on ADD button and add the following

If your using windows OS :
    [B]
       C:\SQLAPI\lib\libsqlapiddll.a  
       C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libuser32.a
       C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libversion.a
       C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\liboleaut32.a
       C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW\lib\libole32.a[/B]

These will be found in your SQLAPI++ (If you have not extracted in C: drive then select the appropriate location and add the mentioned files to linker settings)

If you using Linux OS:
    [B]
      /home/anandakumar/Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.so
      /home/anandakumar/Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.a
      /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so[/B]

And similarly for MAC OS,

For those of you who are wondering why we are including these files (library files), Its to Link the C/C++ Program with the SQLAPI++.

Now we are ready to Go guys......

First simple Program:

This program illustrates you how to connect and Disconnect from Database:
    [B]#include   // for printf
    {
        SAConnection con; // create connection object
          try
        {
            // connect to database
            // in this example it is Oracle,
            // but can also be Sybase, Informix, DB2
            // SQLServer, InterBase, SQLBase and ODBC
            con.Connect(
                "arvind",     // database name
                "slashfear",   // user name
                "Crazy Engineers",   // password
                SA_Oracle_Client);    //client name
            printf("We are connected!\n");
            // Disconnect is optional
            // autodisconnect will ocur in destructor if needed
            con.Disconnect();
            printf("We are disconnected!\n");
        }
        catch(SAException &x)
        {
            // SAConnection::Rollback()
            // can also throw an exception
            // (if a network error for example),
            // we will be ready
            try
            {
                con.Rollback();
            }
            catch(SAException &)
            {
            }
            // print error message
        }
         return 0;
    }

[/B]
    The output of the program is simple as shown below,

OutPut:

We are Connected!
    We are Disconnected!

Examining the above Code:

#include
    - main header, should be used whenever SQLAPI++ is used.

SAConnection con
    - To connect to a database you should create a connection object and then connect it., here con is the connection object

con.Connect( "arvind", "slashfear", "Crazy Engineers", SA_Oracle_Client); - This syntax is used for establishing connection with the database. Here the first value is the name of the database (DNS name), the second value is the user name and the third user name is the password. Then the SA_Oracle_Client is the client name we are going to use (In our example its oracle )

con.Disconnect – This syntax is used for disconnecting from the database.

Simple isn't it ;-)!!! That's It we are now able to successfully connected and disconnected from the DATABASE, Now to go one step further..... That's how to execute a SQL query like creating a table and inserting values in the table. This is covered in the next Post.... stay connected;-)

-Arvind(slashfear)
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Can anybody help with the connectivity of SQL database and VB?
  • tnhems
    tnhems
    I m using CodeBlocks on MAC OS.
    In the linker settings, i added these 2 files:
    /home//Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.so
    /home//Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.a

But the third file mentioned is not in Mac os,
    /usr/lib/libcodeblocks.so
    Where can i find it or should i download it seperately???
    Without this file, I m getting the following error:

Linking console executable: bin/Release/DBConnect
    /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: warning empty table of contents: /Users//Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.a (can't load from it)
    /usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin8/4.0.1/ld: /Users//Desktop/SQLAPI/lib/libsqlapi.so bad magic number (not a Mach-O file)
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

And can I use the same code in XCode2.5 to connect to the database?If yes how do i add the above files?

Someone please guide me...
  • antonio8a
    antonio8a
    hi, i need to make a software on linux, i using code::blocks but i don't understand that a database with code::blocks, are you help me?
  • flipmedia
    flipmedia
    Hi pals,
    I saw your Thread Regarding Connecting with Oracle, But My Requirement is
    to connect my mysql Database table in my local system(Windows Xp,Dev C++) Environment
    to C++. How it can do , pls Reply me

Thankfully
    Anes P. A :sshhh:
  • Navratan
    Navratan
    seminar

hey....
    please suggest me for info. tech . seminar topic.....
    jara hatke......
  • slashfear
    slashfear
    Hi Flipmedia,

Follow this link: #-Link-Snipped-#

Which has the pictograph-cal instructions on how to do it.....

-Arvind

flipmedia
    Hi pals,
    I saw your Thread Regarding Connecting with Oracle, But My Requirement is
    to connect my mysql Database table in my local system(Windows Xp,Dev C++) Environment
    to C++. How it can do , pls Reply me

Thankfully
    Anes P. A :sshhh:
  • shivang16
    shivang16
    Sir thanks for sharing articals vc++ /sqlapi,but sir i am getting error

Error 1 error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual __thiscall SAConnection::~SAConnection(void)" (??1SAConnection@@UAE@XZ) referenced in function __catch$_main$0 Oratry.obj

approx 13 error i am getting .
    #include "stdafx.h"

#include

#include

int main()
    {
    SAConnection con;
    SACommand cmd;
    try
    {
    con.Connect("", "scott", "tiger", SA_Oracle_Client);
    cmd.setConnection(&con);
    cmd.setCommandText(
    "Create table test_tbl(fid integer, fvarchar20 varchar(20), fblob blob)");
    cmd.Execute();
    cmd.setCommandText(
    "Insert into test_tbl(fid, fvarchar20) values (1, 'Some string (1)')");
    cmd.Execute();
    con.Commit();
    }
    catch(SAException &x)
    {
    try
    {
    con.Rollback();
    }
    catch(SAException &)
    {
    }
    }
    // Enabling Windows XP visual effects before any controls are created

return 0;
    }

i ve added all .a lib file in liner setting ..so plz gimme solution for this ineedly needed .

thanks
  • prasad.ram126
    prasad.ram126
    it is nice
    and if you have any tutorial related to database connectivity using c only
    and using GNU complier please tell me
  • Preethi Gowri
    Preethi Gowri
    slashfear
    Hi Flipmedia,

Follow this link: #-Link-Snipped-#

Which has the pictograph-cal instructions on how to do it.....

-Arvind
    guys plz help me out...
    im using codeblock compiler, i followed all the steps which arvind had mentioned previously..
    my problem is after the succesful compilation it says libsqlapid.dll file or directory not found😔 , when i try running the code...
  • Sasikumar VK
    Sasikumar VK
    Hi Arvind,
    Thanks for the tutorial..

I've followed all the procedures mentioned above & pasted your code in Code::Blocks,but it is throwing following errors..

E:\Can\datac\main.c|2|error: SQLAPI.h: No such file or directory|
    E:\Can\datac\main.c||In function 'main'😐
    E:\Can\datac\main.c|5|error: 'SAConnection' undeclared (first use in this function)|
    E:\Can\datac\main.c|5|error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once|
    E:\Can\datac\main.c|5|error: for each function it appears in.)|
    Could you please..guide me to proceed further..
    Thanks in advance..
  • Preethi Gowri
    Preethi Gowri
    check the path of your header.. else mention the whole path of your header in the include line, within double codes...
  • Sasikumar VK
    Sasikumar VK
    Preethi Gowri
    check the path of your header.. else mention the whole path of your header in the include line, within double codes...
    Tanx Gowri..
  • JAI_SINGH
    JAI_SINGH
    Hi I have done this but when I then my cursor gets into "sqlapi.h" file and it starts blinking

class ISAClient;
    class ISAConnection;
    class ISACursor;

class SAMutex;

class SAConnection;
    class SACommand;
    struct sa_Commands;
    class saOptions;
    class SAParam;
    class SAField;

class SAException;

class saPlaceHolder;

class SABytes;
    class SALongBinary;
    class SALongChar;
    class SABLob;
    class SACLob;
    class SAValueRead;
    and shows errors in the above given lines.......
  • Akash Agrawal
    Akash Agrawal
    Hi Frnds,

I am trying to connect VC++ and Oracle10 g.
    But i am getting Error " LNK2019 Unresolved Externals"..

I am using VS 2008 i.e. VC9.

I have also tried with VS2012 and MySQL. But Same Error was there.

Please Help me out in this Problem.

I have also followed all the steps above but... ;( same Error... " LNK2019 Unresolved Externals" Plz Help ....
  • Preethi Gowri
    Preethi Gowri
    check this#-Link-Snipped-# out
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    Akash Agrawal
    Hi Frnds,

I am trying to connect VC++ and Oracle10 g.
    But i am getting Error " LNK2019 Unresolved Externals"..

I am using VS 2008 i.e. VC9.

I have also tried with VS2012 and MySQL. But Same Error was there.

Please Help me out in this Problem.

I have also followed all the steps above but... ;( same Error... " LNK2019 Unresolved Externals" Plz Help ....
    Could be many reasons, maybe you are using some variable without declaring, or you are using some function without including appropriate headerfile, so check ur code!
    and if u still fail, then paste it here, maybe we could help😁
    Good Luck!!!😀
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - It'd be great to have you back on CE and take this thread forward. Looking forward to your participation again 😀
  • DP RWT
    DP RWT
    i want a project on database connectivity programming in c++ or dotnet.so plz solve my problem.
  • DP RWT
    DP RWT
    😐
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    DP RWT
    i want a project on database connectivity programming in c++ or dotnet.so plz solve my problem.
    Are u searching for Ideas? Well if that is the case there can be a lot of projects possible, for example:
    Online Quiz Software, in which u use C++ or C# or VB for GUI creation and for back-end (ie storing databases), any SQL, and connect both to make it work, the choice of language depends on your interest.😀
  • Sarthak Sinha
    Sarthak Sinha
    can you please explain that once i populate the database...and then how can i extract data and use it in C++...
  • Pankaj_malviya5
    Pankaj_malviya5
    I need a c program that, when given a table name and database name as arguments, will query the informix & postgresql system tables to get all permissions granted to various users on that table. The program will then generate sql statements to grant all these permissions on the table and write these statements to a file which can be run later.(AIX OS Using).
  • Sobhita Kumar Sahu
    Sobhita Kumar Sahu
    Could you please make similar tutorial OCCI.
  • Sobhita Kumar Sahu
    Sobhita Kumar Sahu
    Could you please make similar tutorial on OCCI.
  • skobu
    skobu
    Hi Guys,
    Just need one confirmation from your side all those who
    have run this database connectivity pgm , I wanted to know have they downloaded #-Link-Snipped-# or #-Link-Snipped-# for SQLAPI++ Library............... . And also while trying to execute
    the program i was getting errors in SQLAPI.h..... was anybody facing the same issue
  • Shiva Abhijith
    Shiva Abhijith

5Vwu-IMG-20180709-WA0001.jpeg

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# - Could you explain the problem you are facing so that we can help? The screenshot doesn't say much.

• Shiva Abhijith
    Shiva Abhijith

I runned the given program and I found those errors(in screenshot).I am unable to proceed as I can't understood those errors.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

This is a simple but trick one. Consider an array of size ‘n’. Array containing all numbers from 1 to n exactly once but distributed randomly across the array. Write...
hello guys... i am new to CrazyEngineers..... i need some technical topic for presentation i have to submit a powerpoint presentation within 22nd may.. as i am in great trouble...
hello everybody!!!! Thanks for all your support in answering my queries. i wanna know wat these macros mean? INCF,MOVFW,BCF AND BSF
hi all!!!:smile: plz plz help me i wanna know details regarding me/mtech in communication systems from srm university,chennai IN DISTANCE MODE i tried all d means but in vain i...
Hi!....im new here and im in my final year in degree....so itz time for me to do my project!.....and im planning to do it in VB!....so im waz wondering can...