Data acquisition on torque sensor

Hello,

I am a new member. I have some question concerning data acquisition on a torque sensor.

I have a torque sensor that I use to mesure the torque and speed of a motor. The torque sensor outputs an analog signal of +/-5V (torque) and two digital signals TTL 5V(speed). I need to choose a data acquisition device to acquire the analog and digital signals of this torque sensor but I don't really know the specification to look for when choosing the right device. The torque sensor is able to take 10000 mesure of torque value per second (10kHz). With this information, should I choose a device with a sample rate larger than 10kHz or smaller? Why is that so? Can someone help me out please?

Replies

• Shashank Moghe
    Shashank Moghe
    Of course you should choose a device with at least 2.56 times 10 kHz sampling rate (Why? That's a basic you should learn in Signal Processing). Besides, most of the data acquisition systems these days have a default sampling rate (which is extremely high) and they let you choose a smaller sampling rate (in which case it just "decimates" as per your specification - Look up MATLAB function by the same name). You should look at the National instruments website (NI DAQs), I used them during my masters. I still remember quite a bit about signal processing, let me know if you find this response useful.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As a mechanical engineer i have 90% on field job and i hate it and i particularly dont find any scope in it. What am i good at is desk...
Every year the Mobile World Congress serves us products that we have been expecting for a long time and sometimes this event sees product launches that are totally unexpected. Today...
Project Abstract / Summary : ABSTRACT With the increasing number of people in opportunistic cities existing problem of poor transportation services has grown to an alarming extent. Due to non-availability...
Project Abstract / Summary : A HYBRID MPPT ALGORITHM FOR SOLAR PANEL We know that various research are going on to increase the PV panel efficiency which is achieved in...
Project Abstract / Summary : The next generation of wearables could be powered by an unlikely energy source: you. As energy demand is rising rapidly the need to find alternative...