Dashlane Now Allows You To Change All Your Passwords At Once

Time and again we hear about hackers stealing passwords in huge numbers. Whether it is a Hackers Shutdown Computers At Sony Pictures & Release Filenames of Stolen Data or exploiting Heartbleed Bug: Public urged to reset all passwords, internet users are constantly in danger. Any website, once compromised, requests the user to change his/her password immediately. Surely the user can do it for one website but for protection against a wide spread vulnerability like Heartbleed one has to undertake a painstaking and time consuming task of changing each and every password. Keeping this in mind Dashlane, a popular password managing service has introduced a new feature that changes your account passwords in over 75 websites with a single click. The feature currently works on PC and Mac versions of Dashlane. Interested users have to register their email address How Our Password Manager Works | Dashlane to test this feature.

Dashlane

Once you get access to this feature, the service will detect if all your passwords are strong. If your passwords are weak it will ask you to change all your passwords at once. Once the button is clicked the system randomly generates strong passwords for every website account and applies them. If you have two-step authentication enabled in your account it will prompt you to enter the security code (sent to your mobile phone) or display the security question. In the future, the company is planning to include the one-click password system in its mobile apps and even change all your passwords at regular intervals.

Dashlane

Dashlane was able to introduce this feature to acquiring PassOmatic, the firm that had developed the one-click password change technology in the first place. Currently Dashlane is free to use on one device and you have to shell out $40 for using it on multiple devices.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-# via Dashlane can now change all your passwords with a single click, and it's amazing - The Verge

Replies

• Erica C
    Erica C
    I've been reading so much about dashlane, but I've been using abine's products for years and I'd rather send my $40 a year to them. you get a lot more than just a password changer/vault. I love my masked emails (no spam is awesome) and masked credit cards (I've yet to get an email from my bank saying my cards been compromised and I am a frequent online shopper)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After the advent of wearable devices such as smart watches, smart bands, glasses, and ear buds in the electronic stores, you might be thinking, what’s next? Well, if you are...
Canadian tablets and smartphones maker, Datawind, is popularly known for manufacturing UbiSlate tablet computers and PocketSurfer smartphones with affordable price tags. The company is also known for the development of...
Hi Guys and Gals, I'm sure most of you might have known about the Flipkart App Sale going on. Do you think there are any twists to it? Why is...
Kadet Defence Systems is a privately held Aviation and Aerospace company founded in the year 2005 by creating an aerial target for the Indian Army. Kadet Defence Systems is now...
Dear CEans, On December 2nd we posted a list of the top 5 entries which we believed were better among all the submissions. We asked all of you to help...