CyanogenMod Nightly - Powered By Microsoft?

Looks like Microsoft's invading Cyanogen's Android roots. The latest nightly of CM12 has some interesting information for you - that it's Powered By Microsoft. Microsoft has even managed to put their logo on the flash screen that shows up while you are upgrading to the latest nightly. Thanks to the hat tip by our own CEan #-Link-Snipped-# who spotted this latest development while upgrading his Moto E (Gen1) to CyanogenMod Version 12-20150401-NIGHTLY-condor [Android Version 5.0.2]. Do take a look at these screenshot -

Cyanogen-Powered-By-Microsoft
In the recent past, there have been several reports that the Redmond giant is looking to invest in CyanogenMod; but none of the companies would comment on it. As the things stand and given that it's the first of April; Microsoft and Cyanogen could very well be playing a prank on all the early adopters of CM12.

Nightly-Build

Do let us know if it's April Fools are we're actually going to see Windows logo in your upcoming Cyanogen builds? We look forward to your views and comments.

Replies

• Ivan Rafael Rahman
    Ivan Rafael Rahman
    Lol, I got in my Moto G 2nd Gen Nightly!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you are a Verizon or AT&T subscriber, this won’t come as a surprise to you. But if you are in Canada, Korean tech-giant LG along with telecom company Rogers...
If you are looking to buy a car this year, Ford India is here to unveil a brand new compact sedan option. News has it that Ford is all set...
Mozilla, the creators of Firefox web browser, used by about half a billion people around the world has released the version 37.0 of the browser for both desktop and android...
i want to change reference of css from server to a CDN ,and here is too many pages ,i don't want to go one by one ,is there any idea...
Those of us who have used the face unlock system in smartphones have many times faced the problem where the system simply can't recognise the owner's photo. Though the face...