'Customer is the King' - Is the statement still valid? - Group Discussion Topic

'Customer is the King' - Is the statement still valid?
1. You have to assume that you are one of the members of a real GD.
2. Members of a GD who take initiatives are always appreciated. Go ahead first.
3. Synchronize your thoughts before putting forward your opinions.
4. Express positive attitude by hearing what others have to say and show inclination towards finding a solution to the problem being discussed.

Let the GD Begin!

Replies

• Rupam Das
    Rupam Das
    Yes of-course I tell "Customers are the Kings". and I add "Kings Never Bargain". That is the best way to achieve the price from the customer that you want!!๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Customer is King/Queen/Prince or Princess is what the ad people want us to believe. Actually it is possible that we are all being manipulated in subtle ways.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here is one software for customer management:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Here is a document that seems to aim to have customer as king:
    https://www.shm.ac.in/downlaod/Customer is king.pdf

Business Line is taking an optimistic view:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

My own opinion is that most of the time the customer is being led up the garden path (even if on a cheap red carpet)
  • lal
    lal
    Customer is the king and will remain king forever..!!!

If someone wants to remain in the market, always, he must consider the client as the king. Because on the first place, all customers like to be treated well. so it is one good way to attract more customers. The price and quality of the product are significant. But, still a trade may happen just because the customer is treated well. Since profit is the ultimate objective in any trade, giving a bit high importance and care to the customer is always welcome..!!
  • aj_onduty
    aj_onduty
    Rupam Das
    Yes of-course I tell "Customers are the Kings". and I add "Kings Never Bargain". That is the best way to achieve the price from the customer that you want!!๐Ÿ˜
    "Customers are the Kings"
    Usually, the marketing personnel is at the backfoot when it comes to selling. He has to sell whatever he has at a price which is affordable to him. If he doesn't he loses. he doesn't get his hard work's worth. He is an employee, just like an employee in any other field, he is earning his living by that. Other employees usually have to keep their bosses happy, treat their bosses as kings. But marketing employees have to treat not just the bosses, but also their customers as kings!
    They are not seeing the customers as kings, they are treating them as that! Because their career depends on it. THe better they treat, the more they get!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    It's like the "Emperor's New Clothes" in which the emperor is blinded by all the smooth talk about the clothes that he fails to realize that he's being fooled.

Once you enter a shop, you're not given even a chance to think by yourself as to what you want to buy. The sales person is always at your assistance and keeps calling you 'Sir' (even if you're way younger than him/her and ask him/her to stop). It's often misleading and can lead to taking unnecessary decisions. Every job has to have a dignity, and a salesman has to show more passion for his career as well as sincerity towards the customers. But is that what's really happening? And look at what's happening to the customer care executives at the BPOs? Are they being treated well? So i'd say, don't let anyone become a king! Just human is enough!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Are the advertisements today making any sense to you? Is customer still the real king?

P.S.: Hope to see a lively response. โ˜•
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    You call them advertisements of the products or the advertisement of the models coming in them in sans clothes

the recent ads show the latter is more significant than the former

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Happy Programmers's Day to all Programmers out there.....๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Programmers' Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
What is meant by motor stall protection?????๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก
hi to all i am new here but i have seen that all engineers here are CrazyEngineers and i also want to be like all of you.
Many CS & IT Students have this subject. The books I have heard of are: 1. Digital Signal Processing: Alen V.Oppenheim and W.Schaffer 2. Digital Signal Processing: Proskies and Morialkies...
I know 2 books: 1. Cryptography and networks security principles & practice By William Stallings 2. Cryptography in C and C++ by Michael Welschenbach Please suggest some other good author...