CSE and IT !!!

Hi friends,
I am in a little bit of confusion nowadays.
I am getting admission in Information Technology in the best college in Nagpur.
But currently i am in 1st year of Computer Sci. & Engg. in a college which is not so good.

My question is that should I leave Computer Sci. & Engg. and take up Information Techology.
I will be very thankful to the person who advices me...

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gaurav.bhorkar
    Hi friends,
    I am in a little bit of confusion nowadays.
    I am getting admission in Information Technology in the best college in Nagpur.
    But currently i am in 1st year of Computer Sci. & Engg. in a college which is not so good.

My question is that should I leave Computer Sci. & Engg. and take up Information Techology.
    I will be very thankful to the person who advices me...

Hi Gaurav,

As far as I know, CS Engineering is about everything related to computers viz. hardware/software/networking/OS et al.

IT Engineering, is more inclined towards the 'softer' side of computers - wiz. Programming & Software.

Let's wait for other CEans to reply. In the mean time, why do you think that CS Engineering is not so good in your college?
  • mahul
    mahul
    Yeah, to comment we would appreciate more info. What makes you think that your college isn't that good? Is it the placements, faculty or environment? Also post what you plan to be in life.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    mahul
    Yeah, to comment we would appreciate more info. What makes you think that your college isn't that good? Is it the placements, faculty or environment? Also post what you plan to be in life.
    Actually the college in which i m studying is not good in faculty as well as placements....

and the college (Ramdeobaba Engg. college) in which i m getting admission is the best college in Nagpur....

I have more interest in the software part....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Gaurav,

Take my word - don't have "placements" on your top priority while choosing any college/branch. That is because, you don't know what will be the situation of IT Industry after 4 years from now.

Yep, RKNEC is a good college (equal importance to both technical education & extra-curricular activities). Why don't you go through the syllabus & discuss your likings & interests here on CE? That should help all of us make a right decision for you.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    The syllabuses are currently not available with nagpur university.

according to me, if the faculty is good (in case if RKNEC) then I will be able to gain a good quality of knowledge which will help me in the future.
    Thats why I am more inclined towards RKNEC.

i have also heard that the software part in IT and CSE is almost similar.

waiting for a reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Right. Faculty matters a lot. With all respect to other branches, I'd recommend Computer Science Engineering. As far as languages are concerned - its all about logic and then mugging up the keywords. The concepts of OOP and programming in general are important and you'll learn them in CS/IT engineering.

I'm not sure if 'IT' engineering is recognized all around the world, but "CS" definitely is. Go for CS, if you don't have strong reasons to join IT.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    The_Big_K
    I'm not sure if 'IT' engineering is recognized all around the world, but "CS" definitely is. Go for CS, if you don't have strong reasons to join IT.
    I think The_Big_K is correct.

and "ultimately the degree matters and not the college"
    i will take admission in RKNEC if I will get CSE branch.

thank you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gaurav.bhorkar
    I think The_Big_K is correct.

and "ultimately the degree matters and not the college"
    i will take admission in RKNEC if I will get CSE branch.

thank you.
    Well, I didn't mean that. You know what? College does matter! Degree doesn't! (my personal opinion). You'll learn technical things if you are passionate about computer engineering. But college prepares you for the real life (at least, some of it).

I hope you aren't into engineering for the heck of securing IT job (they aren't good these days). Venture into engineering for the love & passion of it. You'll do wonders if you do that. Otherwise, there's no fun in being yet-another-software-engineer in the crowd.

Try to talk to your friends about it; and do spread the word about CE. We're here to motivate you and build a better world! [​IMG]
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    {I am not into engineering for securing IT job and I definitely have love and passion towards learning computers or related matters.}

I heard from one of my friends that we can change the branch after 1st year.
    Actually I was thinking in that way.(that i could change my branch from IT to CSE after 1st yr in RKNEC.)
    but the change needs 70%+

and i think I can do that.

(But if I fail to secure 70+ then i'll have to accept IT)
  • mahul
    mahul
    Hii Gaurav, as Biggie said, it's always better to join CS (guess what, I'm an IT student!). But as he also said, it's doesn't matter if you are passionate about anything. Though I'm an IT guy, I know more about hardware/networking/OS /microprocessors than most CS guys in my college. So at the end of the day, its passion that matters.
  • gaurav.bhorkar
    gaurav.bhorkar
    yes thats correct
    Biggie also said that College also matters.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

😁 Anyone wants to review Singh Is Kingg?
I'm thinking of two integer numbers, each of them is more than 1 and their sum is less than 100. I tell my friend CEan - Ash the sum of...
Hi Everyone! This is Rajiv from Pune.😛 I have joined today. Hope this turns out to be a wonderful experience.😁
hi friends i am renuraj, studying in final year of electrical engineering. i am very much worried for my final year projet 😔. i want to do my project in...
😛Hi! friends. this is a mind buster question for you,but it is very very urgent to answer this question as soon as possible, so this is a question :- 😕write...