Cryptography - The RC7 Algorithm

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract:
Cryptography can be defined as the art of secret writing or protecting information by transforming it (encrypting it) into an unreadable format, called cipher text and then transmitting it across insecure networks, so that it cannot be read by anyone except the intended recipient. Only those who possess a secret key can decipher (or decrypt) the message into plain text. Encrypted information can sometimes be broken by cryptanalysis, also called code breaking, although modern cryptography techniques are virtually unbreakable. Various algorithms help achieve flawless encryption results which are mostly unbreakable. This project is an attempt to improve one such algorithm, i.e. RC6 by adding on to its existing functionalities and to create a new algorithm
'RC7 ALGORITHM'

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Following are the REASONS to choose CRYPTOGRAPHY as a project:-
i.Among RC6 and RC7 (proposed), the latter is found to be better owing to increased throughput, increased efficiency and decreased encryption time.

ii. RC6 also has some loopholes which can be overcome by RC7 (as proposed by us). Its advantages over RC6 are enumerated as follows:-

a. More secure and compact block cipher.
b. Offers good performance and suggestively more flexible.
c. Makes use of 6 working registers instead of 4.
d. It has a block-size of 256 bits. When using this block size, 32-bit operations are preferable given the intended architecture of AES.
e. The implementation of the cipher works according to the restrictions provided by the respective individual systems

In short, the project is undertaken to increase the effectiveness for encryption/decryption .

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: AMITY UNIVERSITY
City: NOIDA
State: UTTAR PRADESH
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Round II Project Entry:

• حسنه إبراهيم
    حسنه إبراهيم

خوارزمية Rc7 مميزاته وعيونه

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to pursue my master degree in automobile from germany. please help me with collage selections. other than automobile, is there any better field to do master in from...
In the midst of all the smartphone launches at the Mobile World Congress 2015, Qualcomm Technologies announced its new fingerprint recognition technology that will soon be a part of all...
Hold your breath as India's over crowded Android smartphone market gets a new entrant in the Rs. 6999 segment. This time around it's Micromax who is ready with its ammunition...
Project Abstract / Summary : The proposed system could generate various analytic on the data trapped in existing process to improve digital government platform like:The ore extracted mine wise whether...
Project Abstract / Summary : GLEANERSUCCOR​ The objective of our app is to help farmers to clear all their doubts regarding agriculture, solutions for diseased crops directly from the experts...